Update login page to HTML5

Distinct

• Advanced Members

As you all know, Flash has many issues among xat. It is gonna be discontinued in the coming years.

Since xat is already experimenting HTML5 on chats, I believe admins should update the login page to HTML5 as well.

This will be more secure to use than Flash, and might even fix the on-going problems such as changing your username.

All replies to this thread are appreciated as long as they are thoughtful, and respectful.

:)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

For now there's no need for a change login page, as you said this 'discontinuation' is still occurring and the adaptation will in future reach here. While ideas for improving user safety are always welcome.

A next update would require more specific parameters from the existing ones, which were created successfully protections. However, I see that the login pin and authentication already commit their roles in a secure and definitive way. If your idea also involves aesthetics, I think it would be appreciable.

• Advanced Members
55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

There are problems with changing usernames?

When I go to login and click on more and change my username, it just makes me login again.

I have no idea if it's an issue with xat, or my browser.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Encrypt said:

When I go to login and click on more and change my username, it just makes me login again.

I have no idea if it's an issue with xat, or my browser.

I changed my username a few days ago. It's you, not xat.

• Advanced Members

Weeks ago, I tried logging into HTML5 (on iPad - Safari). I went to xat.com/login?new and proceeded to login as normal. "Please wait..." remained there, but eventually I left the page for an HTML5 chat and was actually logged in (hmm). Does this work for anyone else?