PcBack Shuffle

Admin

• Advanced Members

So i guess the 1st pcback will still be within avatar field and any additional backgrounds like $pbshuffle=link1,link2,link3?

8 minutes ago, Admin said:

Also I propose to show your PCBack if the user doesn't have their own 

Yes, this sounds very good. Would this require PCBackShuffle or would this be an update to PCback?

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Good initiative in this thread ! 

And I think, it should random a pcback when you open/close the private chat. (Instead of rejoin the chat)

And the idea to show the PCBACK when user doesnt have one is really great.

(Maybe also allow gif images as pcback ? :$ @Admin)

Edited by SlOom
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Cupim said:

OR will you allow us to set a timer?

A timer option means we can make the pcbackshuffle power work like animate power does

If the timer idea sounds good, please add some limitations to prevent flashing backgrounds (fast animations in black and white)

e.g. Maybe minimum about 4 seconds and a max of 60 seconds

I like this idea, but 4 seconds as minimum is too less. It should be at least 15 seconds.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Great idea! 
I believe that the best option for the use mode is in macro form, avoiding such complications in the picture field.
It would be even more interesting if there was a timer to work the photo alternations.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Admin said:

PcBack Shuffle has been suggested so I thought I'd look at this.

My proposal is it will stored in a macro and a  random image selected every time you join a chat

Could consider some complications eg these images for friends, these images for no friendds

Also I propose to show your PCBack if the user doesn't have their own 

Any thoughts / ideas please add here.

You gatta be joking man

----

Aren't macros easily reset? Seems like users would get annoyed having to re-do their pcback shuffle

@Admin

Edited by Cryo
  • Award 1

• Volunteers
41 minutes ago, Cupim said:

A timer option means we can make the pcbackshuffle power work like animate power does

If the timer idea sounds good, please add some limitations to prevent flashing backgrounds (fast animations in black and white)

e.g. Maybe minimum about 4 seconds and a max of 60 seconds

The timer isn't a bad idea but I have to agree with Lafleur that 4 seconds is still too fast, especially in deep conversations. :$ Allowing the pcback to shuffle in minute intervals would be more realistic ex. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes etc. 

On a bit of a side note, it would be nice to have 1 power designated to pcback customization. One that allows users to shuffle their pcback, one that allows users to add flix to their pcback (if they have the right power) - in hopes they will be used more etc. 

5 minutes ago, Cryo said:

Aren't macros easily reset? Seems like users would get annoyed having to re-do their pcback shuffle

This is a good point. Would be nice to see a pcback converter similar to the Shuffle Converter (if this would even work).

Edited by Lemona
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, Lemona said:

This is a good point. Would be nice to see a pcback converter similar to the Shuffle Converter (if this would even work).

I just can't see this power being worth purchasing, let alone using, if your macro would just reset all the time. More discussion about that should be had.

• Volunteers
9 minutes ago, Cryo said:

I just can't see this power being worth purchasing, let alone using, if your macro would just reset all the time. More discussion about that should be had.

It's not like a lot of powers are using macros. (smirk) 

And anyways, if they want the bots to use it, they have to use the avatar field instead of macros. 

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, SlOom said:

It's not like a lot of powers are using macros. (smirk) 

And anyways, if they want the bots to use it, they have to use the avatar field instead of macros. 

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

But, it shouldn't be done that way because macros are unreliable. If they use the avatar field, sure, I'm all for the power being made.

However...

Why can't we just tie this into the original shuffle (edit: or pcback), instead of making an entirely new power for people to buy?

I say add more functionality to the original.

Edited by Cryo

• Volunteers
8 minutes ago, Cryo said:

Why can't we just tie this into the original shuffle, instead of making an entirely new power for people to buy?

I say add more functionality to the original.

You should know that people are not interested when a power is boosted/updated (because no profits etc). They prefer when a new power is made especially when it adds a tons of new features or if you can make profits on it.

But well, it works like that with admins. (shrug) 

Edited by SlOom

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, SlOom said:

You should know that people are not interested when a power is boosted/updated (because no profits etc). They prefer when a new power is made especially when it adds a tons of new features or if you can make profits on it.

But well, it works like that with admins. (shrug) 

There isn't much profit to be made off of recent powers. This shouldn't be taken into consideration when developing a feature that clearly would be an upgrade to either PCBack or Shuffle.

• Volunteers
Just now, Cryo said:

There isn't much profit to be made off of recent powers. This shouldn't be taken into consideration when developing a feature that clearly would be an upgrade to either PCBack or Shuffle.

You still can made some profits when the power is LIMITED.

Updating a power is a solution but it has no profits for admins so they are "forced" to make a new one but I understand your point.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, SlOom said:

You still can made some profits when the power is LIMITED.

Updating a power is a solution but it has no profits for admins so they are "forced" to make a new one but I understand your point.

They aren't forced to make a new power. Them choosing not to update an already existing power (two, actually) just so they can make money off of sales is absurd.

This is how we end up with 467 powers, 90% of which are never used.

• Volunteers
3 minutes ago, Cryo said:

This is how we end up with 467 powers, 90% of which are never used.

What if you need Shuffle + Pcback to use PcBackShuffle ? (d) 

Both of them would be used so 88%. :$ 

And anyways, they would do an update on PcBack power about seeing your own PCBACK if the user doesn't have one. (wary) 

Edited by SlOom

• Advanced Members
Just now, SlOom said:

What if you need Shuffle + Pcback to use PcBackShuffle ? (d) 

Both of them would be used so 88%. :$ 

And anyways, they would do an update on PcBack power about seeing your own PCBACK if the user doesn't have one. (wary) 

I assume that would be the requirement, to have both.

This whole power idea should be an update to the already existing PCBack, end of discussion. I won't be surprised if it isn't, though.

• Advanced Members
50 minutes ago, Adeis said:

ALSO, i think pcback should get boosted and allow to use it with toon pictures.

example: w48uBgc8R8iaKN0dwWM-Ig.png

-snip-

A workaround for now is to use https://www.xatworld.com/xatavatars/ to fetch the URL of the toon picture. From there, just upload it to imgur (or wherever else).

JXeDBQt.png

However if you look into that thread, it's noted how this is an unfriendly compromise. One step at a time, I suppose. 

• Award 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, LaFleur said:

So i guess the 1st pcback will still be within avatar field and any additional backgrounds like $pbshuffle=link1,link2,link3?

Yes, this sounds very good. Would this require PCBackShuffle or would this be an update to PCback?

update (this is a motivation to do this power)