Hashtag power

Kotufa

• Volunteers

I'm not a fan of social media, and I'm not sure Xat is the right place for hashtags.

Having said that, however, I'm sure these would still be popular if sold. They could be quite funny, if not taken too seriously! =)

#Crow

• Advanced Members

This actually cool. If this was be made they could add more additional hashtag images. I think users would be very interested in something like this specially as decoration in names + effects. 

• Volunteers

Instead of having only "Hashtag" smilies, we should also have a hashtag system .. (Yes I know, we are not on twitter) but it would be fun.

Btw, the smilies are good.

Example:

If someone sent the word "#gold", it will be linked (or whatever) and if you click it, the search page is opened and search for the word "gold" like it does for twitter. (I'm pretty sure this idea was suggested on the old forum.)

No nvm, i don't think, it's a good idea.

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Instead of having only "Hashtag" smilies, we should also have a hashtag system .. (Yes I know, we are not on twitter) but it would be fun.

Btw, the smilies are good.

Example:

If someone sent the word "#gold", it will be linked (or whatever) and if you click it, the search page is opened and search for the word "gold" like it does for twitter. (I'm pretty sure this idea was suggested on the old forum.)

No nvm, i don't think, it's a good idea.

Like if a user send ''#gold'' in main and it'll be linked to search page in wiki http://prntscr.com/al0wz8, it would be useful but i guess it would be messy too if user would constantly send hashtags all at once. ( #heart , #chat#, #room#, #onebyone , #mychat )

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, 6 said:

Like if a user send ''#gold'' in main and it'll be linked to search page in wiki http://prntscr.com/al0wz8, it would be useful but i guess it would be messed up too if user would constantly send hashtags all at once. ( #heart , #chat#, #room#, #onebyone , #mychat )

You can always add a limit per message on GCONTROL. (Example: If the limit is 2 hashtags per message, even if you send 10 hashtags, only 2 hashtags will show, and the other in audio symbol.)

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, SlOom said:

You can always add a limit per message on GCONTROL. (Example: If the limit is 2 hashtags per message, even if you send 10 hashtags, only 2 hashtags will show, and the other in audio symbol.)

Yes i guess.

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Junior said:

If hashtag system were added, what would happen with the chat sounds??

That's my concern also. I don't think adding a hashtag system is a really wise idea, and if you wanna search for what someone said, them just use the search page, no need to be extra with it. 

• Award 2

• Volunteers

But anyway, the hastag system sounds lame but, a hashtag smiley powers sounds interesting.

it would be some popular hashtags smileys and a hashtag fx.

For example, it would be a smiley which could allow you to make hashtag words like this: (fx#wJunior) would show #Junior)

you would be able to change the font, colors, add some items, of course, there would be a max of letters.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Thank you for your contributions

9 minutes ago, Junior said:

But anyway, the hastag system sounds lame but, a hashtag smiley powers sounds interesting.

For example, it would be a smiley which could allow you to make hashtag words like this: (fx#wJunior) would show #Junior)

you would be able to change the font, colors, add some items, of cours, there would be a max of letters.

Is a good idea.

• Advanced Members
35 minutes ago, Junior said:

you would be able to change the font, colors, add some items, of course, there would be a max of letters.

By calling a hashtag system lame you're essentially calling one of the biggest social networks (twitter) lame.

Considering nobody uses the audies which honestly sound like they're from the 1990's, they could be moved to a different keyboard symbol.

I think a hashtag feature would be great, and would keep xat up to date. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to link hashtags to the search feature? What's the point in a hashtag smilie power when you can't change the word you want to hashtag... Makes no sense to me.

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

By calling a hashtag system lame you're essentially calling one of the biggest social networks (twitter) lame.

Considering nobody uses the audies which honestly sound like they're from the 1990's, they could be moved to a different keyboard symbol.

I think a hashtag feature would be great, and would keep xat up to date. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to link hashtags to the search feature? What's the point in a hashtag smilie power when you can't change the word you want to hashtag... Makes no sense to me.

Well, this is not twitter..

And you could change the words, that's what i said -> " it would be a smiley which could allow you to make hashtag words like this: (fx#wJunior) would show #Junior) you would be able to change the font, colors, add some items, of course, there would be a max of letters."

• Volunteers
20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Hashtag system is used on a lot of social networks. (facebook, twitter) and why not on Xat ? Xat can easily make a hashtag system by their own way.

The point about audies is right, it can be easily moved on another keyboard symbol like "&screamman" or juste "_screaman" ... since it's not used alot.

"Surely it wouldn't be too hard to link hashtags to the search feature? " - No it wouldn't be hard if they do it like (link) works.

@Junior : Plus, even if it's not twitter, we can have something similar ! And why always a power when we can have it as a feature ... There are no only powers on Xat, there are also free features!

If xat begins to create a power for something that may be free, so create a power for each free features.

• Advanced Members

The hashtag system I could see as a good thing, like what's currently trending on xat (latest power, whenever a pauction/auction is going on, etc.) because some people don't read xat's twitter to see if there is an auction going on, so maybe a system like this could be implemented to get more users aware.

Also, I like the idea @Junior is giving for the smilies with text and such, great suggestion.

oh also why do people care about the audies still? As Ryan said they sound like they are from the 1990's, it's 2016, they could be moved to a different keyboard symbol if this were to be implemented. But since we're just now getting the long overdue update for the trade app, I don't know if this will ever happen, at least for awhile anyway.

• Advanced Members

But why should we even add a hashtag feature in the first place. We don't need any trending words or anything like that. If you wanna see what people are talking about then use the search feature. If your don't wanna use that then, explore other chats and see what everyone else is talking about. Xat isn't really that big to add a hashtag system. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Agree with tinker. Don't see a hashtag system necessary, but smilies can be added.

Also whats the difference, you just write twitter, it is linked on every chat and you get (most of the time) the latest (trending) news.

• Advanced Members

@Junior xat in it's own right is a type of social media. 

All the leading social media sites: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram all have a hashtag feature. 

Snapchat has something similar with snapchat live, although it's not as sophisticated.

If hashtag was made into an effect based smiley, where you could add ANY word after the hashtag, then I'd support it. I still think it would be best utilised if it was linked with search as a feature, however. 

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Agree with tinker. Don't see a hashtag system necessary, but smilies can be added.

Also whats the difference, you just write twitter, it is linked on every chat and you get (most of the time) the latest (trending) news.

No

we dont want smiley powers

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
22 hours ago, Junior said:

This is a better suggestion, I wouldn't mind this at all.