Marshall

Powers should take longer than a week to make.

Hey, it's Marshall again,

So, in my last suggestion, it seemed like it was a bit over suggestive and repetitive and yeah, i see that now, people want powers that are new, unique, and appealing to buy, but, in a post i addressed in the general discussion of forum, I asked if we were running low on power suggestions, and the answer was no. And as many you pointed out, we should extend a limit for new powers to take longer then a week to be developed, and i totally agree, but here's what i think about the new powers:

I feel like, powers can be appealing at times, but i also feel like they are rushed at times for each week to just produce power production for revenue, or whatever you want to say powers do for xat. We need to make the power productivity to lower and take longer so the power has more time to focus on design, function, and even pawns. I'm not saying the new powers are bad in design or function, i'm saying they could be improved upon. Let's take splashfx for example, nice power, nice pawns, and some fluid animation, but, i feel like the animation could of been more fluid if we had longer than a week to make the power. It resembles waves almost and I like it, and i still have the power, i just wish it had more fluid animation in some effects of the power. I feel like we're rushing powers and we really just need longer for the development of a new power. It should go something like this, powers take 2 weeks to make, and testing should take 2 to 3 days to correct anything that is off or aspects in design need to be changed.

Should we extend the week powers are usually made on to be longer so we can have better design and function aspects, or should we keep it the same?

• Meh 2

I've read over your suggestion and I have one piece of information to add:

I know that some smiley makers do take more than a week to make their powers. They may begin working on their project weeks, if not months before the power is released. This in turn means that they have a backlog of sorts, which allows them adequate time to play around with ideas and experiment with their smileys. 

I'm not sure if this is true for all the smiley makers. 

• Like 2

from my point of view, I think that you are right as this would help to develop better powers and given more time to think of better ideas

Your suggestion seems to be generalized too much so I will add to it.

What Angelo said does contradict your statement of powers being rushed; BUT that does not prove your point of powers being released TOO OFTEN wrong. You are actually by popular opinion correct, powers are released too often, but no one seems to explain WHY; and so I am here to do so.
     Powers and the subscription that comes with it, are supposed to be things that are valuable and have to hold some sort of importance to the users. We can usually compare this to in-app purchases in games such as Clash of Clans and whatnot. Unlike Clash of Clans, users in xat usually binge shop powers for no absolute reason, it might not seem the case, but binge shopping for ruby/EP/allpowers is not worth it anymore since it's so common to see. What I think should be done is that every single power should be checked, and those that belong as features should be rendered useless and deleted. If necessary, a new power should be made to replace a batch of powers. I could contribute by taking the time to check every power and making a topic on what should be done to what powers. As I previously said, powers are something that are supposed to have rarity, and value. Releasing powers every single week does not make it feel that way. Instead, smiley makers could produce one power a month, even two, as long as both are REASONABLE/USEFUL powers and would make xat and it's users proud of it.

I would punch in more into this reply but there is way too much to say. I hope this clarifies WHY and WHAT of the topic.

This thread has same subject as previous discussion. For a better factual understanding we back on time that ideas comes as good moments, which are essential over the years to people express their concern or problem with a power and if they feel it isn't good enough to them.

Being pulled to work with requirements doesn't help good ideas to come up on a weekly basis of equal levels. Some ideas fit perfectly for the purpose suggested because has been inspired thoughtfully and cautiously put into practice.

Probably all projects considered are more thoughtful than they appear to be, smiley makers group work as a team. This means that each one can contribute providing perspective ideas for the powers that will be released.

What is the point to wait 2 - 3 weeks to release it ? How are they "supposed" to improve it if they don't have users feedbacks? 

I'd agree with you ONLY with function powers but not with smilie powers. Smilies makers are open to feedbacks when theirs powers are released and they are doing their best to always improve it when there are new ideas/smilies/effects to add.

It's not by waiting 2 - 3 weeks without users feedbacks that it's going to be improved.

You should take Mike comment in count and then understand why I'm saying that.

• Like 2

What is this, another Zuke on the forum? Smh.

Why do we need another week when powers function just fine while given a week? Might as well call this the daily suggestions.

1 minute ago, SlOom said:

What is the point to wait 2 - 3 weeks to release it ? How are they "supposed" to improve it if they don't have users feedbacks? 

I'd agree with you ONLY with function powers but not with smilie powers. Smilies makers are open to feedbacks when theirs powers are released and they are doing their best to always improve it when feedbacks are here.

It's not by waiting 2 - 3 weeks that it's going to be improved.

Totally agree with this. Function powers are understandable as they need testing, hence FUNCTION. Smiley powers are just smilies and shouldn't take more than a week if you ask me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phin said:

What is this, another Zuke on the forum? Smh.

Why do we need another week when powers function just fine while given a week? Might as well call this the daily suggestions.

Totally agree with this. Function powers are understandable as they need testing, hence FUNCTION. Smiley powers are just smilies and shouldn't take more than a week if you ask me.

You're both right, yes, i guess smile powers could be the same, i just, feel like i find appeal in most new powers other than the pawns these days, you know? That's just by bias though, but i agree with you both saying that function powers could use longer time.

I think xat should allow us to spend xats on limited pawns that once existed.

For example you could spent 1k-10k xats to use a limited pawn for a duration of weeks.

I agree, I believe that extending production time would allow the powers to be well evaluated in their entirety before being released, and this would further enhance their quality.
See Flgpwn for example, could have been developed to allow to wear hats simultaneously with the flag, who knows for lack of a greater time one did not think about it.
In short, a subject to be rethought.

• Like 1

After powers are released they can still be updated to have a better design and functionality.

It would be a good idea to change the deadline for power launches, so xat could meet a greater demand for user suggestions and also ensure a higher quality of its products.

• Like 1

There is a need to increase time limit to release new power because every week a new power comes out and till users tries to involve with power and tries to get attracted toward it , another new power comes out and totally ruin interest of users in the old power . and it keeps getting on every week .

So i personally believe that there is a huge need to increase time interval in releasing New powers.

in Addition , Try to increase the price of power . instead of releasing a new power for 200 - 250 xats and making thier precense useless , try to make then expensive 1k - 2k each and let them get some spot in powers list.

Edited by lcky
Needed to add price factor
  • Cool 1

Another important point (to do with powers taking longer than a week to make) is that we haven't had a new game power in ages. There are plenty of suggestions for multiplayer game powers.

Developing the power would have plenty of benefits too. It's pretty clear to see that users like powers with functions and powers which are worked on for a while as they tend to be better. Nowadays, most powers are simply being bought to profit at trade chats or to retain everypower - not to be used. Creating such power would satisfy others who are complaining about the introduction of too many smile powers and would also could bring more activity back to the contests and games community (which previously thrived years ago when new game powers were developed), but most importantly, it would be used. For example, the official Game chat relies on gameraces for its operation and this could be a great step to bring not only it, but games back into the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, the addition of a new gameban power would be great too for the same reasons.

Edited by SirCharlie
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, SirCharlie said:

Another important point (to do with powers taking longer than a week to make) is that we haven't had a new game power in ages. There are plenty of suggestions for multiplayer game powers.

Developing the power would have plenty of benefits too. It's pretty clear to see that users like powers with functions and powers which are worked on for a while as they tend to be better. Nowadays, most powers are simply being bought to profit at trade chats or to retain everypower - not to be used. Creating such power would satisfy others who are complaining about the introduction of too many smile powers and would also could bring more activity back to the contests and games community (which previously thrived years ago when new game powers were developed), but most importantly, it would be used. For example, the official Game chat relies on gameraces for its operation and this could be a great step to bring not only it, but games back into the grand scheme of things. Additionally, the addition of a new gameban power would be great too for the same reasons.

Yes, I very much agree with you Charlie.I would deffinately encourage they to be another game power to be released. The power would be successful and deffinately bring back chats ,such as game back to life. A lot of people would be excited and play the games too, which would be outstanding for the community as a whole.If you go back a few years ago, the Game chatroom was very active.The Game chatroom had a lot of users , who would play gamebans and have a lot of fun.They just haven't been much to the Game community for a while, and it would be great if a game power would be released. 

• Like 1