(gmythology) power!

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Stah said:

Why call it pantheon? Why not a Greek mythology power? (I.e. all of the gods, other creatures etc.)

Good point, I'll change it right now. But the only issue is, most powers have around 9-11 emoticons, so I don't really see them adding more than 9-11, but maybe they can make a (gmythology2) that can include the creatures and demigods. 

• Advanced Members
33 minutes ago, Luca said:

maybe just Mythology power, good suggestion

The reason why I didn't want to name it Mythology is because maybe they would like to add an Egyptian pantheon themed power, or a Mayan ect. So I don't really wanna limit them to just 1 pantheon. 

• Volunteers

One of the more fascinating suggestions, as of late. I've always been interested in Gods and divine powers, and, short of acquiring them myself, this is the next best thing. Xat is rarely educational, but with this power, we're far more likely to remember the names of the obscure gods, i.e. Hera, Hepaestus, etc. It would also be interesting to see the smiley makers' take on each God, and how they do them justice (if not, there will be some vengeful gods out there!).

6 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Before anyone starts complaining about there should be no religion in xat, I'm fairly certain that nobody that uses xat worships the greek god, so nobody will get offended.

You're exactly right. This is about culture and tradition rather than religion, and is still taught in schools. There's no reason to be sensitive about it.

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, Crow said:

One of the more fascinating suggestions, as of late. I've always been interested in Gods and divine powers, and, short of acquiring them myself, this is the next best thing. Xat is rarely education, but with this power, we're far more likely to remember the names of the obscure gods, i.e. Hera, Hepaestus, etc. It would also be interesting to see the smiley makers' take on each God, and how they do them justice (if not, there will be some vengeful gods out there!).

You're exactly right. This is about culture and tradition rather than religion, and is still taught in schools. There's no reason to be sensitive about it.

I was always into mythology, and I thought why not suggest some culture to xat. Also, we've really been missing powers that we can use with power combinations like (magicfx) or (sins), so I just killed 2 birds with 1 stone, suggest a power that has pretty interesting lore behind it, and might also have some cool effects with it also. Hopefully @Junior will take a look and see says how he feels. :$ 

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Junior said:

Pretty nice and interesting suggestions.

I think this could work and be a good power, but no idea how would they be (i was trying to think in one way and failed xD)

Yea its not that easy i am sure, maybe try to stick to his example picture he gave, might be also better to not use the yellow smilies here, but rather make them look 'real'.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

Yea its not that easy i am sure, maybe try to stick to his example picture he gave, might be also better to not use the yellow smilies here, but rather make them look 'real'.

Yeah this power will take a good bit of time to make, because of all the effects and the traditional yellow smiles won't do so it'll be more complicated. But I'm sure the end result will be worth all the work.