Sign in to follow this  
alex

Are we running out of powers?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to address the issue that we've ran into some time ago, the ideas of new powers. It seems every week almost, we have new powers being released and some are there for the display, and others are there for functions.

Even though these powers might be nice, wouldn't we run out of ideas for powers in the upcoming years of xat? It seems like almost we're recycling the same ideas over and over again, just making a new power with a different name and smilies.

IN my opinion, we should really make powers every 2 or 3 weeks even if they provide revenue, stimulus, liking, or even functions themselves to keep xat from running dry end on ideas for powers.

What do you think we could do to address this issue? Should we just stop making powers, or should we wait longer than a week to make new powers?

Let me know! As always, have a good day / night! ;)

I think the idea of waiting more than 1 week to make new powers is a good idea. It should be lower of a priority because I feel that admins and staff should address the more important public issues of xat. I feel that more bigger and public problems are top priority, then if there is time, they should use this to make a new power.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crow said:

We'll never run out of power ideas.

There are 8.7 million species of animal powers we could have! (Source) 

Although the source provides true evidence that we could have many animal powers, wouldn't people get tired of animal powers and possibly suggest or want fx, or even function powers?

I can see where you're going, but I'm still unsure myself.

• Like 1

From this point there's no such thing as running out ideas. Ideas can be on hold or be improved. As always, all feedback ends up generating an action back, this will be no different. Previously, there were one to two powers per month, these took more planning and the quality remained good.

However, wheels on the rails. The economic structure for new powers released is based to remains accessible to users for a derisory price. If takes longer to release would be necessary to increase value from powers somehow so that it stays as same way.

Nowadays, would be nice to have more time available for ideas, inspiration comes with time. However, this doesn't mean that powers are made in short-period plan, nor feature should be left aside and maybe makes difference on this social network that user chose to use.

My opinion is that powers should be more valued. Launching should be 15 in 15 days, same at first.

And also with prices above 500 xats for those more worked.

Options for new powers will never miss!

I've heard something about this in the past, and i also agree. I think that would be better if they release a power waiting more than one week.

Maybe they can create a poll on xat where people can express if they are agree with the idea of releasing powers every 15 days(for example). Or maybe chat managers can do it(specially Trade chats).

Maybe 2 powers in a month should be enought. We already have a lot of powers, i can say to many smiles power. Some functional powers i think will be greeat if they do! Some old powers are amazing (horror feast fairy+some more) powers so we can use in chat or somenting... and yes a greeat ideea to relase powers every 15 days...

Is the point of this topic to address an issue pertaining to running out of ideas for smilies?

or is this topic to address the issue of powers being released on a weekly basis?

If it's for running out of ideas:

There is no such thing as running out of ideas, you can make a power virtually out of any idea. (it just needs to get designed)

If the issue is in regards to releasing the powers weekly:

I totally agree that the amount of powers being dished out should be reduced, but we may have different opinions as to why. I believe releasing powers weekly results in a much faster production time of these smilies, this in turn degrades the quality, it stuns thinking, and overall the powers creativity just becomes bland. I believe allowing more time in between releasing these powers gives these smiley makers more leisure to create A+ quality work. I don't blame the smiley makers for powers being low grade or bad quality, because we have seen before the excellent quality work they could do. Instead, I believe the issue lies in the amount of powers being released.

• Like 4

There most likely is no running out of ideas for powers. I also do agree that xat is releasing WAY too many powers for us to handle. xat admins should be on top of more of a visual and functional chat rather than a intangible materialism. If we looked at the function of at least a third of the xat powers, we can quickly realize that most of those should be free features and not individual powers.

I don't see any problem with new powers weekly, except by the production aspect which requires developers to continuously come up with good ideas

Else powers don't sell. It's essential for a site to be updated, and even though powers are paid, fresh changes (e.g. new powers) are a good thing for xat.

Although, I feel there is some scarcity of ideas for free features. And it's important to think of "non-paid features".

So I leave the thought: We cannot "run away" from making xat fun for users that can't afford to pay.

They ("free users") should get stuff too, not premium stuff though but something cool.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

22 hours ago, Marshall said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to address the issue that we've ran into some time ago, the ideas of new powers. It seems every week almost, we have new powers being released and some are there for the display, and others are there for functions.

Even though these powers might be nice, wouldn't we run out of ideas for powers in the upcoming years of xat? It seems like almost we're recycling the same ideas over and over again, just making a new power with a different name and smilies.

IN my opinion, we should really make powers every 2 or 3 weeks even if they provide revenue, stimulus, liking, or even functions themselves to keep xat from running dry end on ideas for powers.

What do you think we could do to address this issue? Should we just stop making powers, or should we wait longer than a week to make new powers?

------------------------------

Hi Marshall.

Not a bad idea, maybe with this we would all be more excited, waiting for the novelty, BUT... I think everything is done, that's why everything seems to be repeated... 

This may be interesting, I share that idea, from another point of view, it may be more intriguing to wait for a new power, if the wait is longer, it may captivate the user.

• More time to think about an idea
  • More planned
  • Better jobs
  • More purchases

This can be a positive thing, if it is seen desisteresadamente in obtaining a benefit that is not to obtain money, only, if not, to captivate to the user with the releases of new powers.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 9:31 PM, Marshall said:

Hello everyone,

YES FOR SURE , WE ARE OUT OF IDEAS now . @Marshall

lets have some stats:

we have over 10 love powers - valentine , heart , heartfx , sweetheart , lovetest , lovemix , lovemix2 and many more .

we have over 10 easter power - easter , easterday , eggs , eggy , easterlove , easterland , egglinx , ebunny and many more .

we have over 10 halloween powers - halloween , halloween2 , carve , scary , nightmare , skull , spooky , creepy etc

and just like new power , we already have alot of THESE kind of power

Earthday , eco , flower , treefx , autumn , floral  and now plants ,

SO we can assume further we can see powers like stem , roots , leaves etc , or lovemix3 , sweety , heartjinx etx .

please repeating powers please .

and exactly just like @MisteR said , we need high price powers now . 

9 hours ago, lcky said:

we have over 10 love powers - valentine , heart , heartfx , sweetheart , lovetest , lovemix , lovemix2 and many more .

we have over 10 easter power - easter , easterday , eggs , eggy , easterlove , easterland , egglinx , ebunny and many more .

we have over 10 halloween powers - halloween , halloween2 , carve , scary , nightmare , skull , spooky , creepy etc

There's a thing you don't understand. When a holiday comes, Smiley Makers make powers related to that holiday, that is why there is so much powers about love, Easter, Halloween, earth day and etc, because they make powers that can relate to that specific date.

There's still lot's of other important outdated features xat should be focusing on more.

Powers can wait. I'd rather have a more improved user-friendly website to handle with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Encrypt said:

There's still lot's of other important outdated features xat should be focusing on more.

Powers can wait. I'd rather have a more improved user-friendly website to handle with.

The old website was way better than the current version. It was made by them, while we're stuck with a horrible Bootstrap-based website.

I agree. But, it isn't xat admins making powers; there are a few people that make smilies/powers at the moment.

• Like 1

Alot of it comes down to "quality over quantity"

I personally would rather wait a month for a cool thought out power/feature than get a new smiley once a week. 

21 hours ago, Adeis said:

There's a thing you don't understand. When a holiday comes, Smiley Makers make powers related to that holiday, that is why there is so much powers about love, Easter, Halloween, earth day and etc, because they make powers that can relate to that specific date.

@Adeisthere are alot very good suggestions made on forum , rather than making same kind of power on every occasion / festival .

14 hours ago, Gizzy said:

Alot of it comes down to "quality over quantity"

I personally would rather wait a month for a cool thought out power/feature than get a new smiley once a week. 

I agree with this 100%.