Freezeban

Crow

• Advanced Members

Brilliant as snow! Where do these magical ideas come from?

Neither diseases unnoticed on this approaching holidays. Taking advantage of your idea, you could also add some flu-like effect for their screen. Perhaps not too disgusting but that leaves a banned user tired and bad mood as a normal person with the flu experiences pain.

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Interesting. How about the frost at the screen getting smaller as the ban time decreases? E.g. 1h freezeban = 100% frost and 10 min later (50min) it will be 90%, etc.

That sounds perfect! Thank you!

I should point out the two ideas are separate from each other. I'm leaning towards the first one now. 

• Volunteers

I can see this being more of a jinx power than a ban power. Most ban powers currently involve solving some sort of game to be unbanned. Atleast as a jinx power, you would be able to see some sort of freeze animation in the main chat when a user gets freezejinxed which leads to them being punished by your ideas mentioned.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

The holiday season is approaching, and I think it's time for a new ban power.

A variation of this idea was posted by TrueRedDevil in 2013 here (the link no longer works, though). 225.png615.png038-a.png 

1) A freezebanned user has a thick layer of frost across their screen, which reduces their visibility of the chat

How about while being freezebanned with a frosty effect on the screen then the messages shows as reversed, but I think that's impossible. xD

18 minutes ago, Adeis said:

It sounds really interesting, and the pawn of the user while freezebanned could be like a freeze pawn, with ice around it or something like that.

or something like frost effect on the tips of the pawn.

• Advanced Members
39 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Interesting. How about the frost at the screen getting smaller as the ban time decreases? E.g. 1h freezeban = 100% frost and 10 min later (50min) it will be 90%, etc.

Oh this is a fantastic idea!! I like this suggestion a lot. Great job! 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I agree with Lemona, this would be more suited to a jinx rather than a ban. I also love LaFleur’s idea of the screen defrosting over time.

2 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

This is a good idea but unfortunately I think we've had enough ban powers.

I don’t think we have anywhere near enough jinx or ban powers, would you prefer another smiley power?

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

With idea 1, should we allow users to still post in the chat? I'm just thinking they might get annoyed and start spamming (hmm).

I suppose it depends how visible the chat would be...

i think not, maybe if every time they try to write something in the chat, 10 minutes or so will be added to the ban, sorta like Redcard

• Volunteers
30 minutes ago, Shake said:

My ideas for the blast (if there's any):

1. The pawn is put in a freezer
  2.  Falls or is thrown in a fishing hole (like this one)
  3. Is made a snowman and stays frozen
  4. A thermostat appears and is set to the minimum temperature until the pawn becomes ice

whatcha think?

Still trying to decide if it's better as a jinx, haha.

I love all of them!

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
On 10/25/2017 at 7:47 AM, Crow said:

I believe it would be a unique trollish way to punish users or tease friends. Please leave your criticism or improvements below!

With Christmas season approaching, I feel that this is a great idea. I think the last fancy ban power was slotban if I'm right. The "punishing users" and "teasing friends" thing is creative, as I can see users using this for fun.