Crow

Freezeban

Brilliant as snow! Where do these magical ideas come from?

Neither diseases unnoticed on this approaching holidays. Taking advantage of your idea, you could also add some flu-like effect for their screen. Perhaps not too disgusting but that leaves a banned user tired and bad mood as a normal person with the flu experiences pain.

Interesting. How about the frost at the screen getting smaller as the ban time decreases? E.g. 1h freezeban = 100% frost and 10 min later (50min) it will be 90%, etc.

• Award 3

excellent idea, seems better that the user remains still, without being able to write or anything, would be great, good luck

2 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Interesting. How about the frost at the screen getting smaller as the ban time decreases? E.g. 1h freezeban = 100% frost and 10 min later (50min) it will be 90%, etc.

That sounds perfect! Thank you!

I should point out the two ideas are separate from each other. I'm leaning towards the first one now. 

It sounds really interesting, and the pawn of the user while freezebanned could be like a freeze pawn, with ice around it or something like that.

• Award 1

13 minutes ago, Adeis said:

It sounds really interesting, and the pawn of the user while freezebanned could be like a freeze pawn, with ice around it or something like that.

something like cubes of ice around

I can see this being more of a jinx power than a ban power. Most ban powers currently involve solving some sort of game to be unbanned. Atleast as a jinx power, you would be able to see some sort of freeze animation in the main chat when a user gets freezejinxed which leads to them being punished by your ideas mentioned.

• Award 1

1 hour ago, Crow said:

The holiday season is approaching, and I think it's time for a new ban power.

A variation of this idea was posted by TrueRedDevil in 2013 here (the link no longer works, though). 225.png615.png038-a.png 

1) A freezebanned user has a thick layer of frost across their screen, which reduces their visibility of the chat

How about while being freezebanned with a frosty effect on the screen then the messages shows as reversed, but I think that's impossible. xD

18 minutes ago, Adeis said:

or something like frost effect on the tips of the pawn.

39 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Oh this is a fantastic idea!! I like this suggestion a lot. Great job! 

• Award 1

I agree with Lemona, this would be more suited to a jinx rather than a ban. I also love LaFleur’s idea of the screen defrosting over time.

2 minutes ago, CarlosDesigns said:

This is a good idea but unfortunately I think we've had enough ban powers.

I don’t think we have anywhere near enough jinx or ban powers, would you prefer another smiley power?

With idea 1, should we allow users to still post in the chat? I'm just thinking they might get annoyed and start spamming (hmm).

I suppose it depends how visible the chat would be...

1 hour ago, Crow said:

With idea 1, should we allow users to still post in the chat? I'm just thinking they might get annoyed and start spamming (hmm).

I suppose it depends how visible the chat would be...

i think not, maybe if every time they try to write something in the chat, 10 minutes or so will be added to the ban, sorta like Redcard

My ideas for the blast (if there's any):

1. The pawn is put in a freezer
  2.  Falls or is thrown in a fishing hole (like this one)
  3. Is made a snowman and stays frozen
  4. A thermostat appears and is set to the minimum temperature until the pawn becomes ice

whatcha think?

• Award 2

30 minutes ago, Shake said:

My ideas for the blast (if there's any):

1. The pawn is put in a freezer
  2.  Falls or is thrown in a fishing hole (like this one)
  3. Is made a snowman and stays frozen
  4. A thermostat appears and is set to the minimum temperature until the pawn becomes ice

whatcha think?

Still trying to decide if it's better as a jinx, haha.

I love all of them!

• Award 1

Sounds like a cool idea. Puns, haha. :$

8 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

This is a good idea but unfortunately I think we've had enough ban powers.

You can never have enough ban powers. Maybe turning the idea into a gameban would be an ice idea.

I'm on a roll 8-)

I really do like this idea, but would it be more a of a jinx or ban power from what was said by @Lemona? I mean, I hardly know about jinx powers so, but another thing would be this.

If the frost does decrease, would it be like an opacity thing where it fades or blends in with the chat like think ice in a bucket of water, or would it change textures to show how thick and thin the ice is?

I really do like the idea of freezing the user as well, limiting them to restrictions on clicking users, viewing their friends, but I feel like maybe it's a bit too much, but that's just me.

The pawns though, I suggest bringing back the winter pawns and making a pawn go from no frost to frost forming until the pawn stops moving completely, maybe even flashrank, but that'd probably too complicated to do.

I'd love to see this power be made though. Here's hoping, even if it's a jinx power or ban power. ;)

• Award 1

I like this suggestion a lot. Maybe xat could take this power away if a user abuses it too much, just like they do with boot.