Jump to content

New rank for official xats/tributes


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Members

It is an interesting idea, we in the Troca already possess this practice as a way to prestige some members of our team, it would be very good to be able to add titles in the Gcontrol so that this can be seen in the xat.

  • Award 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Editors

The idea was just for the chat's management and blog, i don't think the Emeritus as a special rank inside the swf is needed. But yet, is a good idea to apply on all the official/tribute chats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Translators
5 minutes ago, Odin said:

It is an interesting idea, we in the Troca already possess this practice as a way to prestige some members of our team, it would be very good to be able to add titles in the Gcontrol so that this can be seen in the xat.

I know, and i appreciate you guys having allowed me to use your xat how example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

Hello Page!
First of all I want to say that the idea is good.
For official xat or any organized xat.

But how is your idea, I do not have to say anything bad, how to be, better power, or something that you can change your name anytime!
~ There is something to edit any name! (Click EDit) 
1, here a rank
2, here another rank
3, here another rank
4, here another rank
5, and here another rank, or maybe more, below you can add up to 10 tabs and edit them as you like!
´~ Example in any language, or by name, or whatever you want to add, I do not know if you understand me. :o  

I do not think it will be of great use, but I like it. :p 
Thank´s Good Night! xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Translators
7 minutes ago, Stif said:

The idea was just for the chat's management and blog, i don't think the Emeritus as a special rank inside the swf is needed. But yet, is a good idea to apply on all the official/tribute chats.

There is no need for a position and a title and its edition made from the Gcontrol not altering the experience of the xat itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Translators
7 minutes ago, Rida said:

I would rather get rid of retired/emeritus volunteer than add more titles for people to cry about.

The position or title is not intended for volunteers, if you are manager of some official xat, must know the necessity that such xats has to prestige good works that are increasingly scarce.

5 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hello Page!
First of all I want to say that the idea is good.
For official xat or any organized xat.

But how is your idea, I do not have to say anything bad, how to be, better power, or something that you can change your name anytime!
~ There is something to edit any name! (Click EDit) 
1, here a rank
2, here another rank
3, here another rank
4, here another rank
5, and here another rank, or maybe more, below you can add up to 10 tabs and edit them as you like!
´~ Example in any language, or by name, or whatever you want to add, I do not know if you understand me. :o  

I do not think it will be of great use, but I like it. :p 
Thank´s Good Night! xD

Hey sir Bau, missed ya!*

It is basically something like that, however, but only for official Xats or Tribute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, Page said:

The position or title is not intended for volunteers, if you are manager of some official xat, must know the necessity that such xats has to prestige good works that are increasingly scarce.

 

What I meant was that your suggestion of new ranks are not necessary (the same as the current forum 'emeritus vol' one) and would just cause outrage from a few individuals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
Just now, TinkerDoodle said:

wouldnt be an issue if the appropriate people got the title ;) 

 

decent suggestion, hopefully it wont be abused if implemented 

 

yawn yawn yiddly yawn. 

 

It's xat idk why you all care so much 

 

rank no rank we're all pathetic excuses for humans and being considered a "volunteer emeritus" is not going to change that

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

wouldnt be an issue if the appropriate people got the title ;) 

 

decent suggestion, hopefully it wont be abused if implemented 

 

I would like a list of appropriate people that have still not been mentioned.

  • Award 4
  • Meh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

I believe the original posts idea was to add extra ranks on the chat for those who are no longer as active, but that do still have an interest in the chat and can still be a good asset as staff to the chat. 

 

I personally dislike the idea, I've previously stated my opinion that the need for extra ranks or titles should not be important. I don't see how that would change anything within the chat whatsoever. And you state that yourself:

2 hours ago, Page said:

* In the xat does not change anything, nor the color of the rank, the only thing could changes is that person can only be demoted if it is demonstrated just cause.

So I do not see how this would benefit xat or any purpose of adding it 

 

On another note; it seems some users are drifting away from the original post. leave the forum titles and volunteer titles out of this post as it has NOTHING to do with the original post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
49 minutes ago, Karl said:

 

yawn yawn yiddly yawn. 

 

It's xat idk why you all care so much 

 

rank no rank we're all pathetic excuses for humans and being considered a "volunteer emeritus" is not going to change that

 

i am a volunteer emeritus and ever since i was one i was the smartest genius on xat dot com its a well known fact your intelligence increases by 25 IQ points when you have volunteer emeritus status

 

also pls no flame lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

Perhaps they can get a volunteer emeritus pawn instead.

 

Maybe make it so the pawn could be gray with a flashy rocket on it, and when users hover over the pawn it'll say "on xat volunteer emeritus."

 

I know we already have many pawns, but I just think this would be more useful instead of a simple rank that anyone with lang power could use to trick other users in those chats.

  • No 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteers

Even though official chats are supposed to be owned by xat.com, the ranking system is completely decided by the chat managers.

 

In other words, if you're an official chat manager, you're free to implement such rank in your blog list and on the other side, no one will ever force you to implement it if you don't like the idea.

 

If you have a rank on an official chat and are afraid to lose your rank because of temporary and unrelated issues, simply contact the main owner of the chat. They will either put you on a hiatus, either keep you on the list without any indication, either implement what you call an "emeritus" rank.

 

In simple words, this will always be dealt on a case by case basis.

  • Award 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.