keep losing my gold peg :(

DJORB

Question

• Members

After using c-cleaner, my chatroom locks me out, i lose gold peg/owner status and end up with a green peg. Then chatroom sounds start and it constantly keeps posting ... Limit : 30 !!!!!

Plus many new listeners are struggling to get into the chatroom too !!!!!

<personal website removed>

6 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

DJorb,

To regain main ownership of your chat, you will need to click "Edit" below your chat, enter your chat password, and click the "Chat Box Settings" button. This will make you main owner again. Make sure you do this on xat.com and not on your personal website. Once you've done that, refresh. If you have a xat account, login to it here. You should have your gold peg back on your website. No, you don't have to make a new chat. 

If you have a chat room, in the chat box you can click the Edit Your Chat Box button followed by the Advanced... button. You can also visit the "edit your chat box later" link if you have it saved to regain main ownership. 

Believe it or not, a LOT of people have been reporting issues with embedding chat groups recently. Many claim their receiving (AT) errors, or Limit errors. The best things I've been able to suggest are:

1) Make sure you're not using a proxy/VPN while visiting the chat

2) Make sure you don't have multiple tabs open of the website in which the chat is embedded

3) Visit the chat directly, as opposed to visiting it through the website.

As Crow mentioned, the Help message displaying "Limit" has to do with xat's antispam feature. If you send too many messages too quickly, or too many lengthy messages too quickly, antispam will trigger and limit you from posting so often. To counteract this, simply send messages less frequently. 

As LaFleur suggested, next time you want to use CCleaner, uncheck the option to clear cookies (unless you want to keep it).

If you have another question, please open a new thread. 

• Advanced Members

Ccleaner usually deletes cookies (unless you un-check that option), meaning it deletes all the login information from the websites and thus you become a guest. 

So in order to get your owner status of your chat again, you only need to re-login into the account you were logged in before.

As for the issue with people not being able to join the chat room, try re-embedding the chat into your website. 

• Members

I HEAR I NEED TO MAKE A NEW CHATROOM CROW

AND THANKEW FOR UR REPLY 

17 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Ccleaner usually deletes cookies (unless you un-check that option), meaning it deletes all the login information from the websites and thus you become a guest. 

So in order to get your owner status of your chat again, you only need to re-login into the account you were logged in before.

As for the issue with people not being able to join the chat room, try re-embedding the chat into your website. 

BUT ONCE I DO LaFleur ... THE CHATROOM SOUNDS START DING DING DING 

WITH 

Limit : 05 / 09 / 15 / 20 and CONTINUES WITH Limit : 30 CONSTANTLY

• Volunteers

The Limit notification is explained on the Antispam wiki article:

By default, members and any rank higher than that are allowed to send 4 messages in a row. Messages after that will be analyzed and if detected as spam, they will be blocked for a few seconds.

By default guests are allowed to send up to 50 characters before the filter kicks in, and then if the message is detected as spam they may also be blocked for a few seconds. If you are blocked by the filter, it means your last message was not sent and you cannot send any new messages until the time stated is over.

Basically, your messages are being detected as spam. Try to make your messages shorter, and type slower. 

Limit 5 = wait 5 seconds before sending your next message, Limit 10 = wait 10 seconds, etc.

• Wiki Editors

Hello,

Since it has been a week since we last heard from you, I will now close this topic and mark a response that I believe has sufficiently answered your questions and concerns. If you require further assistance, feel free to start a new thread.