Skayer

New version of xat "HTML5"

I do not think it is good to spread it even to the public still contains errors but as an alternative can be used as it has little lag even from the browser of the phone can be entered without the need of the flash Obviously it still needs to improve many aspects but I am glad that xat has released version html5

12 hours ago, Deyvid said:

I do not think it is good to spread it even to the public still contains errors but as an alternative can be used as it has little lag even from the browser of the phone can be entered without the need of the flash Obviously it still needs to improve many aspects but I am glad that xat has released version html5

they made it public to people to find bugs so they can try to fix 'em. still, html5 is far for being done, still a lot of things to make and fix.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Deyvid said:

It wont cause any "security issue" so no problem being public.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:19 AM, Jedi said:

Admins have already a big list of things to fix.

I think this year's admin has no time for the new year. (he's gonna spend it here on xat) 8-)

On 05/10/2017 at 6:20 PM, SirCharlie said:

Se possível, talvez você possa fazer uma versão da página de login compatível. Eu estava testando isso em um iPad ontem, mas descobri que não consegui iniciar o login originalmente. No entanto, tentei novamente e loguei, apesar de "aguardar" não se moveu. Este provavelmente seria outro bom próximo passo ao lado de todos os outros erros.

Bom trabalho, aqueles que trabalham no HTML5!

This should be corrected soon, there should be a huge list of bugs and bugs that will be fixed right up to the final version.

I'm glad they're doing it, but I feel like this is a huge missed opportunity to improve the UI and make it more modern/user-friendly :( 

• Like 1

Maybe that's why they made it look like the mobile version, trying to make the UI more friendly to the users.

Considering it's just the alpha test, they may change the UI until the final version be completed.

26 minutes ago, Steven said:

make it more modern/user-friendly :( 

More user-friendly ? Like what ? :( 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Like coming up with a completely new idea which is compatible with 21st century social media.

You seems to be so helpful. 

Can you give a few ideas ? screenshots ? because "with 21st century social media.", not very helpful, specially for admins .... 

If you are talking about changing totally the chat interface, I don't think it will be changed. (Not sure about)

instead of giving "meh" reaction, maybe post ur ideas? It would be 100% better (10/10 ppl)

• Like 3
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 11

I don't want to be too negative because obviously this is a very very very rough draft but honestly this has been in the works for quite some time and I know I am not alone in saying I expected more. The flash chat box, as outdated as that looks, still looks more modern that HTML5. It looks clunky, scattered, difficult to navigate, and overall just very aesthetically unappealing. I am hoping for some big changes before this is officially considered done.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Can you give a few ideas ? screenshots ? because "with 21st century social media.", not very helpful, specially for admins ....

Go look at every modern successful social media platform and look at what they have in common. It won't take long, I promise!

The bare bones are here, I just think there's a great opportunity here for improvement. I don't mean anything negative. 

• Like 1

If they change their current interface, it won’t be xat anymore.

I hope having more meh reaction than Sloom ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Personally, I don't care much about the classic interface.

For me, the important things are the smilies, powers, IDs, shortnames and the applications. Everything else can be scrapped for a more modern, stylish chat design - as far as I'm concerned. 

I had a screenshot many years ago of a redesigned xat that my friend made. Sadly, I've lost it, but the chat had sharp edges, and everything was so crisp and neat. It looked a lot better. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crow said:

Personally, I don't care much about the classic interface.

For me, the important things are the smilies, powers, IDs, shortnames and the applications. Everything else can be scrapped for a more modern, stylish chat design - as far as I'm concerned. 

I had a screenshot many years ago of a redesigned xat that my friend made. Sadly, I've lost it, but the chat had sharp edges, and everything was so crisp and neat. It looked a lot better. 

Its easy to make a screen shot.  Try coding it and designing it.  xat MUST keep some of the old to be the same xat everyone is use to and love, as well as obtain some new to draw new users and grow with age.

Admins have always loved the classic look...from chat backgrounds on.  Its not rocket science.  Personally, I found it quite nice, despite all of the work we all know is clearly to come.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

I hope having more meh reaction than Sloom ;)

That’s not true at all! I’ve seen some very modern mockups that are still very clearly xat, but with today’s popular design elements. 

Flat buttons, rectangles, a more modern font, round photos, etc. would make it a lot more modern but it would still undeniably look like xat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steven said:

That’s not true at all! I’ve seen some very modern mockups that are still very clearly xat, but with today’s popular design elements. 

Flat buttons, rectangles, a more modern font, round photos, etc. would make it a lot more modern but it would still undeniably look like xat. 

How are flat buttons gonna make a huge difference on the look?, way you have worded this sounds like your saying it will completely give it a modern look, which I have edited and looked and it doesn't change much at all 

Vgg0TJ-zSWq9EbkGFvkrHQ.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • No 1
  • Meh 5

I don't see why people think by changing the UI of the chatroom to be more modern, it would make it "not xat anymore". Powers, ids, trading and all of that is what makes xat different compared to other social media platforms. If xat is converting to html5, it would make sense to add a redesign along with it, so I don't get why people mocked the idea?

For one, I'm excited to finally hear news about html5. Progess has long ways to go but the alpha (or beta, whatever you wanna call it) seems like it's going towards the right direction. One thing I'd like to ask is in the final version for the powers list, will it be alphabetical like it is currently or will it go in order by power ID? 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Mencee said:

One thing I'd like to ask is in the final version for the powers list, will it be alphabetical like it is currently or will it go in order by power ID? 

We don't know for sure yet. But it's possible it'll stay like that (alphabetic) as it's that way in mobile.

What do you guys think is the better way (considering that a search might be added too)?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

What do you guys think is the better way (considering that a search might be added too)?

order by powerid asc