New version of xat "HTML5"

Skayer

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Dann said:

No, it does not require the app.

HTML5 is compatible with your cellphone browser, therefore you are able to use the chat as if you were on the computer, no app needed.

Since the new version also works on smartphones, I think the app can only be made available only for tables.

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, Adeis said:

i think what he meant is that, now that with HTML5 we can connect from Phones and more. what would happen to the xat app?

I think the application will be useful for you offline, and write it in private! Anyway, I think I can take advantage of both. Many applications have both the app and the web-site in HTML5.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Feikz said:

I think if the application has more efficiency than browsers, people will use the application instead of using browsers.

It all depends on how the application will be finished, because whether or not the application has some errors that should be corrected.

@Matti @Adeis

The application is useful for private message notifications, certainly if it gets better, it would be even better!

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Matti said:

The application is useful for private message notifications, certainly if it gets better, it would be even better!

Currently the application is only serving for this, imagine having an application of the xat resemblance to WhatsApp or other conversation applications.

You can attract more people using xat. @Matti

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, Feikz-Okami said:

Currently the application is only serving for this, imagine having an application of the xat resemblance to WhatsApp or other conversation applications.

You can attract more people using xat. @Matti

Can you elaborate please? Do you expect the xat mobile app to become like a messanger?

The main functionality of the xat mobile app is to offer users a possibility to join xat and allowing to communicate with your friends on xat without having to be on PC.

And the html5 version is basically made for the desktop version, in order to replace flash, as flash is outdated and will not be supported anymore in a few years. 

• Advanced Members

I don't know why they tried to cram every feature into the mobile apps. It would have been better to make a simpler, elegantly-designed messaging app. It would have been perfect for xat users, and it would encourage new users as well. Instead, it's narrowly focused and designed for current xat users who know what they're doing.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know why they tried to cram every feature into the mobile apps. It would have been better to make a simpler, elegantly-designed messaging app. It would have been perfect for xat users, and it would encourage new users as well. Instead, it's narrowly focused and designed for current xat users who know what they're doing.

I could imagine having a second mobile app, calling it xat messenger for example and focusing on the things you mentioned and new users.

It could have the smilies from xat. Maybe a simple profile you can set, like favorite chat, avatar, nickname, xat username and id (would be shown automatically after logging in). 

Furthermore a search to find users (search by nick, username or id), and upon clicking an user you would see the profile info and have the option to open a permanent chat with stored messages (like whatspp).

But then again, there might be no time do work on this, considering the initial mobile app is not done yet, html5 is in active development and is gonna take long until it's finished. But i guess it's an idea after all, worth sharing. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I think it is not possible to create another app from xat, I wanted a change of the current app,

because with a simpler design and be something more "like" with WhatsApp for example that is already something know worldwide.

• Award 2