Its time for a app

DJGothic

• Members

I think xat should make a xat forums app so people who are on the go can use the forums too. This seems like a good idea for those who can't use a computer to get on xat. although im not sure if the forums support phone browsers or not either way i think this is a great idea

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, GothicEmoDark said:

I think xat should make a xat forums app so people who are on the go can use the forums too. This seems like a good idea for those who can't use a computer to get on xat. although im not sure if the forums support phone browsers or not either way i think this is a great idea

This is the forum phone view.

crGoK477SrWH4rYs0pfWug.png

• Volunteers
6 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

its missing a few features but nothing too major 

Agreed. When writing/editing posts, I'd like to be able to put things in quotes or spoilers (I sometimes use the former for quoting guidelines) :$. There's definitely room on the icon bar for one or two more options.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Crow said:

Agreed. When writing/editing posts, I'd like to be able to put things in quotes or spoilers (I sometimes use the former for quoting guidelines) :$. There's definitely room on the icon bar for one or two more options.

I think it's up to the forum provider to really add these new updates, i don't think xat staff have the option to do so

• 9 months later...
  • Bot Service Providers

They said that will add the forum to the app but never happened,

They don't want to use Tapatalk,

We don't have any other alternative instead of using the browsers,

We don't really need a app for it, we need it included to the current app, or simply the support for Tapatalk. But... "later" will be like 2k20 ihheheheh

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Phin said:

It already works on mobile, in case you failed to scroll up and read the previous comments. It's easy to use for mobile browsers, I don't see the point in having a forum app. It's not like the forum uses flash like xat. Having an app is not needed.

Of course it already work , but for searching with a broswer in google . If you read all of coments for people we need an application (app)   . 

Is diferent thing when you enter directlly like app of page to xat . .  More people can enter ..  Is good point for xat . .. 

More easy and everything .  

Anyway thnx for your opinion :) 

• Award 1
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

• Members

On 7/20/2018 at 8:09 AM, Laming said:

They said that will add the forum to the app but never happened,

They don't want to use Tapatalk,

We don't have any other alternative instead of using the browsers,

We don't really need a app for it, we need it included to the current app, or simply the support for Tapatalk. But... "later" will be like 2k20 ihheheheh

Yeah, they better add this to the app for easier access to forum :P

• Award 1
  • No 2

• Wiki Editors

I agree that it's a pointless idea and a waste of time for the admins. To start off, we use a premade software for the forums, so if we were to have an actual app, it'd have to be provided by the software creator. It doesn't make sense for the admins to work into creating app to connect to a webpage that uses a software they didn't create themselves. So if you really want an app, then you can suggest it to the software developers at https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feedback-and-ideas.