(Bronze) and (Silver) pawns!

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

Pretty much the title.

I always found it strange that they didn't release bronze and silver. They can serve the same purpose and have the same style like gold but, the colors will be obviously different and the smiley effects will be different as well. The prices and availability may vary, it's up to the makers. But I'd pay for a silver pawn tbh. 

Thoughts? 

Side suggestion. 

We should be able to see emoticons in the chat scroll. Like /s Welcome! (Hi), the hi emotion shows. It's really a QOL update but still. 

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, WindWaker said:

I am fine with the pawns we have now, wouldnt be surprising if they did this though.

It's the lack of variety of pawns we have that bugs me, we have 33 animal powers to chose from but only 5 pawns. And 2 of the 5 are extremely rare. 

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

It's the lack of variety of pawns we have that bugs me, we have 33 animal powers to chose from but only 5 pawns. And 2 of the 5 are extremely rare. 

technically 3 since I consider ep to be an epic pawn. I know where you are coming from as I am sick of seeing animal powers, xat is not a zoo ppl.  i was hoping for a pawn the poor could afford, like the yellow suggestion, but we wont be seeing that idea either since we get powers with no real purpose. (just look at latest, already has bugs with size and its not something anyone would use in a conversation or even use after easter) 

but whatever.

• Advanced Members
31 minutes ago, Paul said:

We don't need any more pawns, 5 is more than enough for the time being 

Half the people on xat can't even afford ep at all, and with the price constantly going up it is safe to say some people are never going to get it, so that only leaves the average user 4 pawns to chose , and how long has ep been around? Same thing with gold, the average user can't afford gold, especially with its rarity and plus gold had been around since 11. That's been already 5 years. Fine, we have purple pink and blue. After a while those pawns GET SO BORING. They were around for so damn long. Either add more pawns or add extra features to old ones. How is it we got 3 name/status powers in the recent pass and we only had 1 new pawn? And some people can't even get that pawn. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Half the people on xat can't even afford ep at all, and with the price constantly going up it is safe to say some people are never going to get it, so that only leaves the average user 4 pawns to chose , and how long has ep been around? Same thing with gold

If you think xat will make another pawn and make it cheap, I think you have another thing coming. I also dislike the fact you said that there's 33 animal powers, in what way does that highlight the "lack of pawns", do you also want 33 pawns?

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Same thing with gold, the average user can't afford gold, especially with its rarity and plus gold had been around for as long as I can remember and I joined around 08. 

If my memory is correct, gold was made in 2011 when manga and bot were the latest powers during that time. Only reason I remember this is because those two were really hyped powers. They were also great powers to xat.  

So we haven't had a pawn power since 2011 unless you count EP, but that would require to buy powers you probably don't want. 

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about more pawn powers. I think I have said before as long as they keep the pawns simple like purple, blueman, and pink and not with flashy effects, I'd be okay with it. Chats are starting to look atrocious with all the flashing from gold and everypower alone, and now we have namegrad so some official chats look like disneyland, it doesn't seem all that professional this way.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Stah said:

If you think xat will make another pawn and make it cheap, I think you have another thing coming.

I'm not saying they should make the 2 pawns cheap, for example silver can be 30k and bronze 15k, but currently there is no medium. New users have pink and blueman, and if they wanna get anything else they need 24.4k. It's safe to say there should be a pawn in between for users to chose from. 

7 minutes ago, Stah said:

I also dislike the fact you said that there's 33 animal powers, in what way does that highlight the "lack of pawns", do you also want 33 pawns?

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that the fact that there are 33 animal powers but there are only 5 pawns is just appalling. I'm not saying there should be 33 pawns but there should be more than 3 pawns to chose from 

8 minutes ago, Mencee said:

If my memory is correct, gold was made in 2011 when manga and bot were the latest powers during that time. Only reason I remember this is because those two were really hyped powers.

I've been around longer than gold :o! Thanks for the correction, I'll edit my post. 

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I'm not saying they should make the 2 pawns cheap, for example silver can be 30k and bronze 15k, but currently there is no medium. New users have pink and blueman, and if they wanna get anything else they need 24.4k. It's safe to say there should be a pawn in between for users to chose from. 

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that the fact that there are 33 animal powers but there are only 5 pawns is just appalling. I'm not saying there should be 33 pawns but there should be more than 3 pawns to chose from 

I think the chat is pretty colorful as it is. There doesn't need to be equilibrium in every aspect of xat. If you want purple, get those extra xats. This is exactly what xat wants, they want you to want to upgrade and buy those extra xats.

• Award 1

• 1 month later...