Possible Bug

Dallas

Question

• Advanced Members

So, I'm trying to figure out how I can get out of this glitch or bug. I was banned and unbanned instantly almost. 

Now I'm stuck appearing as a banned user on my side, and to others I'm not banned. 

We tried to ban me and unban me and still shows me banned. I also tried to clear my cache. I'm stuck.

http://prntscr.com/gqkpj6

Update: This is what I look like when I go on a toon in incognito. http://prntscr.com/gqwj29

this is a obvious bug. I'm stuck appearing as I am banned and unbanned to otherrs. My messages don't even show up

but others can see my messages. If you know a way to fix this I use chrome. I don't want and shouldn't have to use another browser.

13 answers to this question

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Dallas said:

@Angelo this is the only chat.

If the main owners reset the chat, what happens to you?

Does the chat have (manage) assigned?

Were you recently banned, and then did you try to get on the same account on another browser? What about a different account?

• Advanced Members

It's not a bug, when you use the same ip/browser to log into more than one user or register that happens. To solve this problem clear your browser's cache or change web browser because it ends up saving the ban logs in both accounts.

Also, you should ask to be unban if the ban reason was silly or wrong. If so, redo the procedure and log into icogno mode to check if the problem persists.

• Advanced Members

After you have entered as toon and since pawn remains normal on icogno mode tab it is clearly noticed that the problem is in the cookies of your browser, just clean it again. You will not need to use another browser permanently, its just to fix this error (temporary).

• Advanced Members

@Angelo I didn't ask them to reset, as I don't wanna cause a disturbance to the chat, and no. I know how xat works, so I wouldn't do anything on the same IP. As I stated, the glitch happened when I was banned and almost instantly unbanned when I was still trying to connect to the chat.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Dallas said:

@Angelo I didn't ask them to reset, as I don't wanna cause a disturbance to the chat, and no. I know how xat works, so I wouldn't do anything on the same IP. As I stated, the glitch happened when I was banned and almost instantly unbanned when I was still trying to connect to the chat.

Understood. Sorry for the trouble.

My best guess is that when you were banned and unbanned very rapidly, some sort of network lag occured. How long was the ban? If it was temporary, have you been "unbanned" on both sides now?

If it was permanent, there are several options. I'll let you know next reply.

Does chat have (manage) assigned?

• Wiki Editors

Since this issue has been resolved, I will now close this topic and mark an appropriate response.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to start a new thread.