Set a Doodle

Crow

• Advanced Members

Great idea! it seems that your suggest was very well thought out, I think like most, doodle tools it's fun and also a time pass. The thing that most caught my attention in his idea was to have the option to save drawings 'Awesome, indeed'

To start, it would be nice to have a permanent drawing, but I think it would be more feasible if it worked as a "gifts" to show more than one (Eg. 3/5 drawings, something very limited, but not unique.)

• Volunteers
7 minutes ago, Duarte said:

To start, it would be nice to have a permanent drawing, but I think it would be more feasible if it worked as a "gifts" to show more than one (Eg. 3/5 drawings, something very limited, but not unique.)

That's a very good alternative! 

However, I think your idea appeals more to artistic users only (who want to showcase their work) - rather than casual users just having fun. 

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

I've seen so many great ideas, including this one, but I think we should wait these ideas until the HTML5 version comes out.

Lately I've been seeing comments that resonate the same idea as yours. "wait until html5 is released".

I honestly do not feel like that is the best way to go, I feel like it is not a good idea to let go of new innovative ideas for the flash client as it will deprive the current state of xat from thriving. I also read (I may be incorrect) that the flash client will work simultaneous with the html5 client as it initially will not act as a replacement to the flash client. Therefore I think this idea should be pushed forward and new ideas should be getting formulated and put to action on the flash client, and later added to html5. (regardless it will be to need developed on both clients if they are going to work simultaneous) 

@Crow Great suggestion mate! seems like an original idea, we need more of this.

4 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, Dann said:

Lately I've been seeing comments that resonate the same idea as yours. "wait until html5 is released".

I honestly do not feel like that is the best way to go, I feel like it is not a good idea to let go of new innovative ideas for the flash client as it will deprive the current state of xat from thriving. I also read (I may be incorrect) that the flash client will work simultaneous with the html5 client as it initially will not act as a replacement to the flash client. Therefore I think this idea should be pushed forward and new ideas should be getting formulated and put to action on the flash client, and later added to html5. (regardless it will be to need developed on both clients if they are going to work simultaneous) 

The only problem with pushing the idea forward, is exactly pushing the idea forward. The admins have never really listened to anyone who had amazing ideas that would make xat improve economically. Instead, they are using a method of desperate sense and make easy to design smiley powers that give them they easy way out, but breaks the Trade pricing and system AND still leaves them short on basically everything you can think of, sales, power release popularity, demand, userbase flow, etc. On the release of the HTML client, xat will start to grow since we have a more modern place, and that's where we the community can and will act. It is the most logical thing up to this point.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Dann said:

It'll most likely only stay until there is a final version of html5. I doubt this idea would be added to flash, but it's definitely interesting -- it would be fun to see what people put as their personal doodles.

Also doodle is one of the best apps of xat, so an improvement of the app is definitely a good step (including things such as eraser, return/forward for last edit, instant background coloring, color picker/codes).

As for ideas for new features in html5, me and sloom already forwarded some of the good user suggestions we got trough the forum and by ourselves, which admins might consider.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

It'll most likely only stay until there is a final version of html5. I doubt this idea would be added to flash, but it's definitely interesting -- it would be fun to see what people put as their personal doodles.

Also doodle is one of the best apps of xat, so an improvement of the app is definitely a good step (including things such as eraser, return/forward for last edit, instant background coloring, color picker/codes).

As for ideas for new features in html5, me and sloom already forwarded some of the good user suggestions we got trough the forum and by ourselves, which admins might consider.

Thanks for the response Lefleur,

A simple power like this (IN MY OPINION) is rather simple to develop. I'm sure anyone working with xat or xat themselves can have this done within a matter of days. This is a simple idea that can be very effective. I don't think this is big enough change to have to wait for html5. As I stated previously, you cant hold down the current version for a concept that is being worked on, I do not see this to be effective in any way.

@Maverick how hard do you think this would be to implement? 

Ultimately, Why should we have to wait for exciting things (such as this) for html5 to come out.