Pinned Topics Fix

CarlosDesigns

• Advanced Members

Fixing things like bugs are always small, but sometimes a crucial fix to a program or app, even a website. Unlike times where you would suggest a small bug fix, I am going to suggest a fix to the forum. Specifically, I want the pinned messages to be fixed. This is simply because some of the pinned topics are useless, outdated, or is simply not important. Apart from that. I will also be suggesting what exactly should be pinned on each of the forums. I did not include all the forums because some of them do not need a fix currently. Now without further due, I will introduce to you the list of Topics that should be unpinned or left as pinned.

Pinned Topics Which Need to Be Removed

SUGGESTIONS
- Suggest an Animal Power
- Suggest a Holiday Power
- xat's To-Do List
Why? Because everything should be posted in the main suggestions page.

MOBILE
- xat Mobile Bug Reporting
- xat is in the Apple iPhone App Store
- Installing xat on iOS
- Getting Ready for Mobile
- Mobile testing and Reporting
Why? Because these topics are now useless because of two reasons: People know how to install a mobile app, and bug reporting is to be reported in the Bug Tracker

GENERAL DISCUSSION
- xat Facebook
Why? Because there needs to be a thread showing all of xat's social media.

Topics Which Need to Be Created and Pinned/Should Stay Pinned

SUGGESTIONS
- Read Before Posting: How To Suggest
- xat's To-Do List (New Topic)
Why? Because these list important guidelines and show what we need to do. To-Do List should be a locked pinned topic so no one is able to clutter the page, no replies should be made whatsoever by ANYONE.

MOBILE
- Introduction to Mobile
Why? Because Mobile is a fairly new product for users and it's a secondary option to the browser version.

GENERAL DISCUSSION
- xat's Social Media
Why? Just need one topic to help people stay up to date on xat.

If you want to suggest anything else relating to this, please reply to this topic, and I will add it to the list. Hopefully @Admin sees this.

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

Thank you for your feedback.

Muffins and I have gone through the entire forum to reorganize pinned content. We removed topics that are no longer relevant. In addition, we edited existing pinned topics to be more relevant. Minor editing to correct formatting was also done.

The topic regarding xat's Facebook page will stay pinned for the time being because it is a newer social media account of xat. We do not necessarily need a topic or directory of all xat's social media accounts. For this reason, there will not be a general social media topic which directs people to xat's multiple social media accounts.

Regarding your suggestion that we lock and remove comments from the to-do list topic: We felt this topic was originally created with input from multiple members of the community, and the list grows and changes based on continued input from the community. We feel that closing the topic would limit the growth of that topic. In other words, it is not necessarily just a directory of ideas, so it should not be treated as such.

Finally, we are in the process of cleaning up the Mobile forum. Since we now have a place to report app issues, many of the bug report topics there may be removed if they are deemed irrelevant. This will be completed soon.

• Award 3