Changelogs, bugfixes and updates.

Njthug

• Advanced Members

I agree!

Some people doubt of admins since their work hasn't been evident for the community. Changelogs are present almost everywhere (e.g., updating in the App Store), this definitely should be brought to xat. It doesn't even have to be the greatest thing, as you said, just a small place for those interested to check what changes have been done.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Shake said:

I agree!

Some people doubt of admins since their work hasn't been evident for the community. Changelogs are present almost everywhere (e.g., updating in the App Store), this definitely should be brought to xat. It doesn't even have to be the greatest thing, as you said, just a small place for those interested to check what changes have been done.

i totally agree with that, people think all they do is create powers but we know that isn't the only thing they do. this will make everyone understand everything they do weekly/monthly on xat to improve it for us. i hope they do it.

• Volunteers

Changelogs is a thing, but are people going to worry about what the admins will post ? Is it really useful for the community ? Can it fix the communication between admins and users for bugs/updates? There are a lof of questions to ask before doing something. 

Now, if we were about to create it, It would be better to wait for when HTML5 is out (Not in 2020, dw!) because they are not working alot on Flash except for new functions powers.

Maybe are you talking about the site also? If you are talking also about the site, why not. (hmm) 

Pretty sure it can be more useful with HTML5 than with Flash because we can have a lot of updates with this new step!

We will see in the future if it comes or not. (Not saying it's a bad idea)

• Members
6 hours ago, SlOom said:

Changelogs is a thing, but are people going to worry about what the admins will post ? Is it really useful for the community ? Can it fix the communication between admins and users for bugs/updates? There are a lof of questions to ask before doing something. 

Now, if we were about to create it, It would be better to wait for when HTML5 is out (Not in 2020, dw!) because they are not working alot on Flash except for new functions powers.

Maybe are you talking about the site also? If you are talking also about the site, why not. (hmm) 

Pretty sure it can be more useful with HTML5 than with Flash because we can have a lot of updates with this new step!

There is some logic in what you have put very well inclusive, his functionality for flashplayer at the moment would not be compatible with the result expected by those who suggested the idea, and probably will only be considered for HTML5.

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Njthug said:

A request for developers(admins) to add monthly change logs.

It's a really simple suggestion and it can be easily done if the admins choose to. 

I'm asking for an hour of your time, once a month, to sit down and write what changes you've done, it could include changes, bugfixes or even what you plan on working on in the following months.

It doesn't have to be a 9 page essay, just something short and simple. It helps us understand what you've been working on, and maybe even get excited about future updates. But most importantly, it shows you still care. @Admin

good suggestion! I had suggested something like this previously for mobile, nothing came of it. Hopefully we can get a log going.

9 hours ago, SlOom said:

but are people going to worry about what the admins will post ?

YES, users are intrigued as to what is upcoming and as to what admins are currently working on. (this would also be good for mass testing)

Is it really useful for the community ?

YES, It is useful because update logs allow for users to attain information. This greatly minimizes questions/concerns on certain topics 

Can it fix the communication between admins and users for bugs/updates?

There is not 1 specific thing that can fix communication from admins, BUT it is a step closer to attaining information from them. Therefore it does play a part in communication issues.(ps. communication problem derives from admins, not users.)

There are a lof of questions to ask before doing something.

I agree, But it seems these are not the questions to ask, as all of these questions point to the right idea/concept.(meaning Ideally answer would be yes to all of those)

Maybe are you talking about the site also? If you are talking also about the site, why not.  

Pretty sure it can be more useful with HTML5 than with Flash because we can have a lot of updates with this new step!

The update logs is an idea/concept that would be applied to the entirety of xat in all its development. Not just specific projects or certain ones, these logs are made so we can see current changes (even if it's bug fixes). So the sooner the better, there should be no milestone or project to come with update logs, it should just be put in place based on ALL updates/changes. (typically how it works). 

9 hours ago, SlOom said:

You never said it was a bad idea, and your questions are very valid. I hope I was able to clear up some confusion for you and other users based on these questions :P. @SlOom

• Award 1

• Volunteers
45 minutes ago, Dann said:

YES, users are intrigued as to what is upcoming and as to what admins are currently working on. (this would also be good for mass testing)

I would like to say, NOT every users on xat are intrigued by what admins are working for. (E.g : traders) Pretty sure, they are not even aware about xat moving to HTML5. (hmm)

45 minutes ago, Dann said:

The update logs is an idea/concept that would be applied to the entirety of xat in all its development. Not just specific projects or certain ones, these logs are made so we can see current changes (even if it's bug fixes). So the sooner the better, there should be no milestone or project to come with update logs, it should just be put in place based on ALL updates/changes. (typically how it works). 

Well, yes, but the thing is to organize it so people can understand/handle it properly. Because if they start to list everything, do you think people will understand it ? (Unless if there is a lot of informations!!)

That's why I said it would be more useful for HTML5 because it's only one thing and people can understand/handle it properly. After it depends how is it made; like divide it in 2 parts : Bugs // Updates instead of putting everything in the same list.

Do you imagine if they post everythings about site/flash/HTML5 in only one list ? It would be the mess for everyone lol.

After, it's a choice from admins if they decide to make it or not; we can't decide of how things have to be done.

Btw, thank you for your time and your answers to those questions even if you weren't force to answer it.  :$ 

4 hours ago, Maoyler said:

There is some logic in what you have put very well inclusive, his functionality for flashplayer at the moment would not be compatible with the result expected by those who suggested the idea, and probably will only be considered for HTML5.

The point to use it for flash is completly useless yes, because they don't work like they used to do before (in the past years). If we were about to use flash for more than 3 years and if they were working on it, yeah it would have been useful but at the moment no, so for HTML5 it's enough I think.

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, SlOom said:

I would like to say, NOT every users on xat are intrigued by what admins are working for. (E.g : traders) Pretty sure, they are not even aware about xat moving to HTML5. (hmm)

This section would only be of interest for those who want xat to progress, or just want to see what's up. Hence why it can be a simple page, or even a list in the Bug Tracker section. I like your idea of dividing it into two sections: Updates and bugs.

I think we're all aware that we can't force admins to do stuff, however, if they want to prove that they still care about our feedback, it would be a nice detail to have. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, Njthug said:

A request for developers(admins) to add monthly change logs.

It's a really simple suggestion and it can be easily done if the admins choose to. 

I'm asking for an hour of your time, once a month, to sit down and write what changes you've done, it could include changes, bugfixes or even what you plan on working on in the following months.

It doesn't have to be a 9 page essay, just something short and simple. It helps us understand what you've been working on, and maybe even get excited about future updates. But most importantly, it shows you still care. @Admin

This already exists, I think volunteers know about changes or what will be new to xat.
to know something we need to be sure this will happen!
but if you are talking about some changes, these changes will not happen, what happens then ?!

You all want many things, ask for many things and look back, even the simplest things are not done, not to mention other suggestions.

Excuse me if I disapprove, but let's be realistic, why do you want to know what is going on in xat.com or forum, you're somewhat volunteer or something more to help or give you opinion. ? '
As far as I saw the admin always puts a topic on some changes, or something new, and you are free to give your opinion or to add some suggestions in the message. (in response).

About your suggestion, yes it is good, but I do not think it would be necessary. (for now) 

To know if this does not exist is because xat.com does not make many changes, all that are done are announced by admin. (wary)

• Award 1