Xat (oscar) trophy smiley (free?)

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

Hello,

i thought it would be nice to have a 'smiley' that looks something like an oscar trophy, but instead it holds the xat logo at the hand. Of course it should be in gold. 

I guess there is no need to make this a power, so maybe this could be a free thing? What do you think?

Example - Created by Lemona

ujMvOgz.png

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, choco said:

Am thinking at it as a reward but I don't have anything in mind as a reward for what. :$ We are never rewarded. Maybe as a free smilie u get from everypower or something.

Exactly what I was thinking. It could be exclusive to everypower, since you've basically 'conquered' Trade once you've obtained every power. Also, we were having a debate about different pawn colors for everypower the other day, and whether everypower needs more add-ons. This could be something along those lines.

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, LaFleur said:

(xataward) (xaward) (xattrophy) (xtrophy) ?

You could add a shield and medals to that list, if you wanted! We have medals already, but they have the Olympics logo on them! Unless you're just sticking to the trophy idea, then that's fine! =)

FA_Community_Shield.JPG

12 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Meh, it should be just as smiley that people can use for anything like contests or whatever, not be given for something you 'achieved' with money.

It depends on your perspective, really, but I disagree :$. It's not special if everyone has it. Also, the site doesn't survive on freeloaders. I think we should reward people who spend serious (?) amounts of money, not people who treat the website like a joke, or who spend really meagre amounts (does acquiring hat and nameglow really deserve a gold award?). Hence the everypower idea. But of course I'm going to say that, aren't I? =P

• Advanced Members

I agree there should be another prize for getting ep, to create more incentive to buy ep, however I don't think this power is it. The award emoticon should just be a free smile and people can use it anytime. 

Or maybe you can get awards every time you reach a milestone, for example you get 1 reward for getting 10 powere 20 powers and so on, and the rewards stack up. 

• Advanced Members
56 minutes ago, Crow said:

You could add a shield and medals to that list, if you wanted! We have medals already, but they have the Olympics logo on them! Unless you're just sticking to the trophy idea, then that's fine! =)

The list was actually just name suggestions for the one trophy, just not to name it (oscar).

56 minutes ago, Crow said:

It depends on your perspective, really, but I disagree :$. It's not special if everyone has it. Also, the site doesn't survive on freeloaders. I think we should reward people who spend serious (?) amounts of money, not people who treat the website like a joke, or who spend really meagre amounts (does acquiring hat and nameglow really deserve a gold award?). Hence the everypower idea. But of course I'm going to say that, aren't I? =P

So when i don't want to spend all my money to buy ep, i treat the website like a joke? Sounds pretty senseless. The people who buy ep do it, because they want to get the ruby pawn, and so the ruby pawn is their reward. Giving them an award smiley is pretty pointless since its likely that they won't use it. There can be other awards for ep, like e.g. a very special hat or something. But my idea with this oscar like/xattrophy is just a simply free smiley that everyone can use, whenever they want and for whatever they want.

32 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I agree there should be another prize for getting ep, to create more incentive to buy ep, however I don't think this power is it. The award emoticon should just be a free smile and people can use it anytime. 

Or maybe you can get awards every time you reach a milestone, for example you get 1 reward for getting 10 powere 20 powers and so on, and the rewards stack up. 

That kind of idea has already been suggested: http://forum.xat.com/topic/53-feature-subrank/

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Maybe there could be an awards power, there are already medals within olympics I think, I'm not sure whether xat could rip the award statues based on copyright, however. 

Not necessary, since there are medals on olympics as you say, a winner power which also includes award smilies and also sports power has some. I just want an award that contains the xat logo and the oscar like one would look pretty cool.

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

So when i don't want to spend all my money to buy ep, i treat the website like a joke? Sounds pretty senseless.

Nah, I was referring to the people who deliberately don't spend money on Xat because "it's a waste of money", etc., or people who spend most of their time disrupting/trolling instead of supporting the community. These are the people whom I think treat the website like a joke. Basically, if you make it a free smiley, everyone gets the Xat trophy/award, whether they've spent 2 minutes on Xat, or 8 years. Which is fine, of course. It's just my suggestion, and Choco's and TinkerDoodle's (sort of), to make it a reward of some sorts. A reward for people who deserve it. Would people who spend more money deserve it more? I suggested they would, because Xat needs money to stay alive, but of course that's a debate and lots and lots of people would disagree.

I'm not saying people who don't buy/can't afford EP treat the website as a joke, I'm just trying to make the trophy/award proportionate to what it represents and deserves. Fair enough, it could be added to pink or purple or gold or allpowers instead, or be COMPLETELY FREE, but for a Xat award (with the logo and everything), it just seems more suitable to something like everypower. But this is just my opinion, and you're welcome to disagree. =) If you want it free, that's fair enough.

1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

The people who buy ep do it, because they want to get the ruby pawn, and so the ruby pawn is their reward. Giving them an award smiley is pretty pointless since its likely that they won't use it. There can be other awards for ep, like e.g. a very special hat or something. But my idea with this oscar like/xattrophy is just a simply free smiley that everyone can use, whenever they want and for whatever they want.

And that's fair enough too. My thoughts are that, as the price of Everypower continues to rise, past 350k, 400k, 450k (and if Xat keep making powers [and epic powers] for years and years, it probably will), then the ruby alone no longer becomes worth it. Considering how cheap in comparison the same ruby was a few years' ago, people may choose to purchase individual powers instead. Like TinkerDoodle said, this trophy/award may not be the right incentive for boosting EP's appeal, but I thought it could be. Again, this is just my subjective opinion.

I fully respect what you've said, and I like the idea of this smiley, and if you think it should be a free smiley (and not a reward) then that's fine. This is just my input, which you might get more ideas from than just 'good idea' or 'cool'! =)

• Volunteers
16 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Sorry for the late reply but when I literally first read this I thought of this in my mind:

ujMvOgz.png

:$ I literally did it in a short amount of time but..... ya.. Thoughts?  

And the award for best smiley goes to...

This is an excellent creation that would look great within the system! Maybe you could add some sparkle to the award?

Thanks for making the effort, it is appreciated!

• Award 1