New power to rename smilies (sname)

Samuel

• Advanced Members

Amazing idea. but I would like to have a special panel for these words to add or delete. (manager names smilies)
Smiley name: Here added smilies who you need to change the name! (You can not use other name smilies, from other  network site, website, fórum, etc) only from xat, if you use other smilies this command send a error! Please use valid name of smilies!
Change name smiley: Here you add new name Smiley

This help against - abused, spam, flooded etc.
Anyway, good suggestion!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, Samu said:

It seems a good idea for people who do not learn the names of smilies, perhaps because of their native language or other motives

Wouldn't they need to learn the name of the smiley in order to use the power?

12 minutes ago, Bau said:

This help against - abused, spam, flooded etc.

I'm not quite sure how this works. Can you elaborate how re-naming the name of a smiley client-side reduces spam?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

You only have to memorize it 1 time to adjust it and then use it. It would be like an alias of smilie

19 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Wouldn't they need to learn the name of the smiley in order to use the power?

Yes, it's a great idea, but you'd have to use it as a macro. $samuel $test etc

6 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Or maybe you could simply type "$samuel=(dollar)" and it would send "(dollar)" when you type "$samuel".

https://xat.wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Macros

I had not imagined it as a group power, something more personal. But it's also a good idea

20 minutes ago, Laming said:

To be honest, it would be like gline, not sline because sline just show for you.

Gline is for all the people.

And if this is ok, I'm sure this would be a group power, not user power, because if you change just you can see, what's funny doing that?

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, Angelo said:

I'm not quite sure how this works. Can you elaborate how re-naming the name of a smiley client-side reduces spam?

Yes! (this message has eddited: its not really Spam is more about troll)
EXample: The command - $sname=gold,purple
- when you use 100 or more commands from where do you know what smile did you add or change names?
and join xat.com/help to ask for help, how can you help all these users?
it's already as spam for the entire help team to receive day-to-day users who do not know what smiley has changed.
the only option is: can enable/disable (unlink) this command!
$sname=purple (disable smiley) To format real
$sname=gold,purple (enable smiley name) To format gold in purple xD (just a example).

+ Panel - And the panel will be much easier to use, add and delete.
I did not say that it reduces or does it (spam), I just added that it may be helpful, so that every user knows what he's doing, and not be mistaken!
Not every day with the same question, with the name of different smilies.

- I think this is the answer you were waiting for. xD

22 hours ago, Arthur said:

Or maybe you could simply type "$samuel=(dollar)" and it would send "(dollar)" when you type "$samuel".

We know,but here is the use without $$$$$$$
xD

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Laming said:

To be honest, it would be like gline, not sline because sline just show for you.

And if this is ok, I'm sure this would be a group power, not user power, because if you change just you can see, what's funny doing that?

Being group power will be a total confusion! if after changing smiley do not work smiley that has the real name. :o xD

Is good power group, only if you can use smiley in real and new name format.
example: Bau for smilies ruby
To work both ruby and Bau to.
Yes this will be nice!

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Bau said:

Being group power will be a total confusion! if after changing smiley do not work smiley that has the real name. :o xD

Is good power group, only if you can use smiley in real and new name format.
example: Bau for smilies ruby
To work both ruby and Bau to.
Yes this will be nice!

2 hours ago, Laming said:

It seems to be a good idea, but has its controversies as already mentioned above, It can cause a certain kind of confusion at the moment. We already have xatwiki working for those looks to learn more about smilies (available to any user/guest).

Without mentioning that bot companies and information blogs provide such services as well.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Samu said:

This power would be similar to the power (sline)

The difference between these two powers would be that with this power you could modify the names of the smilies you throw at xat.. 

For example $sname=samuel,dollar.. By writing that you would be embodying the smilie

So when you write (samuel) in the xat you would be sending (dollar)

It seems a good idea for people who do not learn the names of smilies, perhaps because of their native language or other motives

That seems a nice idea. So people can add your friends as smiley.

example: i type (Nixs) and sends (cool) 

• Award 4

• Contributors
10 hours ago, Arthur said:

and

11 hours ago, Samu said:

The difference between these two powers would be that with this power you could modify the names of the smilies you throw at xat.. 

For example $sname=samuel,dollar.. By writing that you would be embodying the smilie

seems the same thing. 

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, Page said:

and

seems the same thing. 

Not really!
I want to use this smiley (kredface) Use a command - $uaB=(kredface)
to use this smiley I have to write this command - $uaB

I needTo edit this message, because  @Angelo is confused. (About this suggestion).
$sname=uaB,kredface 
now that I use this name uaB to go for smiliey. (kredface)
Okay you dont like your name for smilies , you can put other, Example: $sname=redface,kredface  = redface and dont kredface to sue! bla bla bla ))

I do not understand what it is difficult to understand these simple things.
why do you like to complicate all things (slap) 

This is commands bot (just a exemple) - (have nothing with this suggestion).
it is better to use the command without a symbol, as with a symbol - But this is not a bot! Command xat.com (basic) OR a power.
Real command! !memberme - !modme - !ownerme 
Alias command (which I like to use) - member - mod - owner
Much better alias, how you like to use!  .. . .  . . . I do not need the symbol, you can do whatever you want, alias you can do with symbol and without, so it's your decision.
(alias) - From !Addq

• Award 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Members
On 9/12/2017 at 4:06 PM, Samuel said:

I don't understand the point of this suggestion, if it's good for people who don't learn the names of smilies, how are they supposed to use the power if they don't know the name of the smiley they want to create a synonym for?

Also, if they wanted to use it to use smilies in their native language, wouldn't they have to create over 1000 pairs in the macro?

I don't think this idea really has a purpose.

Edited by Daniel

• Advanced Members
On 9/13/2017 at 1:57 PM, Samuel said:

I think it's a demonstration to make the suggestion clearer.

Q42gYD7.gif

A very interesting idea, I really hope it is taken into account. With the demonstration it became easier to understand. Good job.

• Award 1