Abandon the Contributors.

Mynewcar

• Advanced Members

I'd like to point out that volunteers are also contributors and therefore also contribute to discussions, what's been happening is that discussions usually taken to volunteers are, instead, being opened up to non-volunteer contributors so that things feel a tad more democratic. 

There was never any issue of volunteers discussing all matters of any kind, be it users behaviour, cyan pawns, emeritus status, official chat managers, within a group barely averaging at 10 people, so I don't see why it's such an issue to open up a lot of the discussions to a group of people from all different communities within and outwith xat.

• Award 3

• Wiki Editors
11 hours ago, Laming said:

No, you can't. You just got there 1 or 2 times just when Contributors were voting for new main owner. I know already and I don't need to know what happened or what happens.

And to be honest, I don't need to say any name, there's not listed many chats currently as "official".

We were asked by the administrators about a few reports they received about that chat, and someone passed over a new one. It was analyzed and our recommendation was to speak to the manager and see if they could solve it, and so did volunteers.

There were big flaws such as, for example, false help – and a lot of evidence.

Contributors and volunteers did visit the chat a lot from there, to check whether it was under control.

A new manager was eventually appointed to manage the chat simply because the current manager at the point failed to fix the chat. This decision was not made by contributors, nor did we vote for or choose who would manage it.

The person who was appointed to manage this chat does not fit the qualities mentioned in your post. It was an old member of the community who was currently a moderator of the chat and an owner in its previous management. Additionally, it is not their fault that some of the previous staff members decided to move onto other chats or simply did not fit the qualities that were being looked for in a staff member.

Now, please stop blaming contributors for something they have nothing to do with. Also, if it bothers you, appointing a new manager for that chat was the best decision one could ever make.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Arthur said:

The person who was appointed to manage this chat

I didn't say any name, you've said it yourself.

So you're certainly confirming what I said. And as I said, I don't need to know what happens in this group.

And in our previous conversations on Skype(BEFORE), I think you should stop trying to contradict my arguments, because you know they are truthful. You've confirmed it.

Just like Maverick said on xat_test Club(BEFORE), you moved something without administrators' permission.

Before you got "your rank", I was in this group, and you kept bothering asking me 24 hours what happened. (even though I didn't explain any information, because they are private)

Surely there was a good reason for which you were removed from the xat Ajuda, before the Cupim being main owner. (someone sent prints for every user in this epoch)

So please stop contradicting my arguments. You were one of the users who confirmed them before.

Well, I quit now, no more words to say.

* cof cof *

videos are coming...

• Haha 2

• Advanced Members
On 9/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, Flake said:

why are pointless suggestions like this always the most talked about lol

Well, I would like to know what makes this a 'pointless suggestion' to you?

Is it the fact that the op was a bit vague?

was the post not laid out properly for you?

was the user not an 'important' one?

were you not in agreement with the op?

I would like to know why you are taking away importance from this post. I don't know if you read the title, or even the post, but posts of this kind are the posts most needed for the community to thrive.

Decisions on what happens on the future of xat should always be brought up, if not, how would the staff know what the community actually wants?

I find this post to be very important to the community, and you demeaning it's core message is insulting.

this post brings up a great question as to what should be done to a group that in its current form is ineffective.

If it was not for this post, all of these users suggestions and thoughts would have not been shared and made clear. (Even if it's not admins watching the post). 

If you have no constructive input on this topic just don't comment on it, it's just not for you. Although with you particularly I see you always on these posts.

just give your inputs and thoughts on what should happen given the current situation, and move on. @Flake

• Award 3
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

I think that it is necessary a restructuring of the team, to give opportunity to new people that is dedicated to xat with the same regularity as any contributor. It's time to leave the "Friends" aside and start walking for future xat improvements.
Also everyone should be honest and show their true purpose within the community, because it is not only to become contributor and then to be absent but to maintain a fairly regular work in the community.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

A few of your points were irrelevant so I'm just going to clean up your post a bit:

1 hour ago, Dann said:

I would like to know why you are taking away importance from this post. I don't know if you read the title, or even the post, but posts of this kind are the posts most needed for the community to thrive.

Decisions on what happens on the future of xat should always be brought up, if not, how would the staff know what the community actually wants?

I find this post to be very important to the community, and you demeaning it's core message is insulting.

If you have no constructive input on this topic just don't comment on it, it's just not for you. Although with you particularly I see you always on these posts.

just give your inputs and thoughts on what should happen given the current situation, and move on. @Flake

I'm taking importance away from this post because, in my opinion, the post is not important. ez

True, if the decision being made is helpful, which in my opinion this is not. ez

You might "find this post to be very important to the community", but I don't, and that's my opinion. Why is "demeaning it's core message" insulting when the "core message" is, in my opinion, pointless and simply not constructive as compared to numerous other suggestions that could be made that have an actual impact on the site? I find it "insulting" that you're attempting to limit my opinion to "yes or no", personally.

My "constructive input" is that the suggestion is pointless. ez

? my "inputs and thoughts" have already been stated, the thread is pointless and it's just a 50/50 split of people rambling about how this will "eNTiReLY ChaNGe EvERyThiNG" when in reality it won't make the slightest difference since the contributors group was never necessary to the site in the first place. Actually, pls just abolish it so people stop talking about it and move on pls lol

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members

I'll answer you in the order you responded.

12 minutes ago, Flake said:

A few of your points were irrelevant so I'm just going to clean up your post a bit:

What you quoted was the whole body of my statement, anything before was non-rhetorical, I thought you would catch on ;) (and you did)

9 minutes ago, Flake said:

I'm taking importance away from this post because, in my opinion, the post is not important. ez

You should not deem a post pointless because you don't see it as important. ez

13 minutes ago, Flake said:

True, if the decision being made is helpful, which in my opinion this is not. ez

How is considering the effectiveness of a group not helpful to the community? these groups were put in place for change in the community, and if the group is not effective as to do that, then this MUST be brought up. If the group is cleaned up, and reconditioned to work as it was intended to then this post would be successful. But NOT making the post, would be less helpful, than just leaving it as an issue that is never touched up on.

21 minutes ago, Flake said:

You might "find this post to be very important to the community", but I don't, and that's my opinion. Why is "demeaning it's core message" insulting when the "core message" is, in my opinion, pointless and simply not constructive as compared to numerous other suggestions that could be made that have an actual impact on the site? I find it "insulting" that you're attempting to limit my opinion to "yes or no", personally.

My "constructive input" is that the suggestion is pointless. ez

I understand you don't see importance in this topic, and that's fair. But just posting that it is not important is just a false statement. Determining the direction/path of the group is ultimately important, I am left aghast that you do not see that, but your opinion is just that, your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I  am NOT attempting to limit your opinion to "yes or no". I actually encourage users to post their opinions as they please, with reasoning so people understand . But it ultimately does not matter, I just feel it unfortunate that you are taking away importance from this topic .

also your "constructive input" would have to be useful, therefore it's not constructive because "the suggestion is pointless" is not a useful statement. It only looks to attack the suggestion and not give any basis on your statement.

1 hour ago, Flake said:

? my "inputs and thoughts" have already been stated, the thread is pointless and it's just a 50/50 split of people rambling about how this will "eNTiReLY ChaNGe EvERyThiNG" when in reality it won't make the slightest difference since the contributors group was never necessary to the site in the first place.

I am pretty sure that nobody said it will "entirely change everything". But to start changing everything you must start with specific topics, thats how changing everything works. You tackle issues that need to be dealt with and ultimately you come to a different experience, that's what changing everything would entail. I am sure everyone on this topic is aware this is just a small step for creating change on xat. you've got to start somewhere you know.

Actually, pls just abolish it so people stop talking about it and move on pls lol

That's a suggestion mate. good job! 

What makes this different than your original? well 1.you suggested to abolish it! and 2. you gave a reason as to why it should be abolished!

I am not asking you to be nice, or to change your opinion, or anything of that sort. I just ask that you don't bash a post because you dislike it and just give a very standard statement that is aimed at degrading the importance of this issue. Yeah it may not be important to you, but I am sure it is to many.

that's my thoughts. @Flake

• Advanced Members
40 minutes ago, Dann said:

I'll answer you in the order you responded.

What you quoted was the whole body of my statement, anything before was non-rhetorical, I thought you would catch on ;) (and you did)

You should not deem a post pointless because you don't see it as important. ez

How is considering the effectiveness of a group not helpful to the community? these groups were put in place for change in the community, and if the group is not effective as to do that, then this MUST be brought up. If the group is cleaned up, and reconditioned to work as it was intended to then this post would be successful. But NOT making the post, would be less helpful, than just leaving it as an issue that is never touched up on.

I understand you don't see importance in this topic, and that's fair. But just posting that it is not important is just a false statement. Determining the direction/path of the group is ultimately important, I am left aghast that you do not see that, but your opinion is just that, your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I  am NOT attempting to limit your opinion to "yes or no". I actually encourage users to post their opinions as they please, with reasoning so people understand . But it ultimately does not matter, I just feel it unfortunate that you are taking away importance from this topic .

also your "constructive input" would have to be useful, therefore it's not constructive because "the suggestion is pointless" is not a useful statement. It only looks to attack the suggestion and not give any basis on your statement.

I am pretty sure that nobody said it will "entirely change everything". But to start changing everything you must start with specific topics, thats how changing everything works. You tackle issues that need to be dealt with and ultimately you come to a different experience, that's what changing everything would entail. I am sure everyone on this topic is aware this is just a small step for creating change on xat. you've got to start somewhere you know.

That's a suggestion mate. good job! 

What makes this different than your original? well 1.you suggested to abolish it! and 2. you gave a reason as to why it should be abolished!

I am not asking you to be nice, or to change your opinion, or anything of that sort. I just ask that you don't bash a post because you dislike it and just give a very standard statement that is aimed at degrading the importance of this issue. Yeah it may not be important to you, but I am sure it is to many.

that's my thoughts. @Flake

now we made the thread even more pointless lol

pointception

• Cool 1