Proxy Banned?

StargazerZ99

Question

• Members

Ok, so I've been having an unresolved ongoing problem for about a year now, if not a bit over a year. I've been a member on this website that uses xat chat. One day, I went onto the website to check the chat and see what's been going on like usual. But the first thing I see is a message on the screen below where you type to chat saying that I was banned for 6 hours due to some sort of "sound" issue or something. I don't remember the exact words considering its been a year, but I remember it saying I was banned because of some sort of sound problem. So I waited 6 hours and after that, I was still banned. I waited a day and was still banned. A week, still banned. And now a year and I'm still banned.

Now of course, I brought this up to the admins/moderators and staff for the main website by going to one of their forums and asking for help. I had a couple people I managed to talk to try and help me but one of them disappeared and went silent before I could explain anymore of it to them while the other disappeared and went silent as well after telling them enough that they could actually try to start helping me. A few months ago, they finally come back and talk to me but do little to actually try to help me. Point being is that I was recommended by them to try and ask for help here on xat support in case it was a glitch on this end.

So my question(s) is/are:

1. Have there been automatic bans like that before?

2. How can I unban myself from that xat chat?

3. How can I prevent it from happening again cuz this was just really out of the blue at the time?

4. Why was I banned if it wasn't due to the other staff?

6 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

1) Normally, no, not at all. Did you allow anyone to use your computer while you were away, or to remote access in while you were away?

2) By PCing a staff member and explaining your situation and asking to be unbanned.

3) Are you using a proxy/VPN? If so, don't. Use a regular browser. Make sure your Account is locked & protected. Make sure no one uses your computer. If the chat you're visiting is embedded, try going directly through the xat chat itself.

4) Are you sure you weren't banned? Did you checks the Events power, or have someone check it for you? Was your ID ever banned by someone?

• Members
10 hours ago, Angelo said:

1) Normally, no, not at all. Did you allow anyone to use your computer while you were away, or to remote access in while you were away?

2) By PCing a staff member and explaining your situation and asking to be unbanned.

3) Are you using a proxy/VPN? If so, don't. Use a regular browser. Make sure your Account is locked & protected. Make sure no one uses your computer. If the chat you're visiting is embedded, try going directly through the xat chat itself.

4) Are you sure you weren't banned? Did you checks the Events power, or have someone check it for you? Was your ID ever banned by someone?

1. No, I didn't.

2. A staff member from xat support?

3. I don't even know what VPN means. Sorry. But anyways, the only person who uses my computer is just me.

4. I don't know. But all I know is that I was banned after receiving a weird message below the bar where you type to chat.

By the way, in case I didn't say it in my first message, I have never used Xat before so I don't know some terms and processes that you just said. So I'm not an expert in xat related subjects.

• Advanced Members

1) Okay. When you go to xat.com/login , login like normal, and make sure you enable ACCOUNT PROTECTION and ACCOUNT LOCKING. You can read about what they do here

2) No. The moderators/owners of the chat that you visit that you're banned on. 

3) That's ok! If you don't know what a VPN is, you're probably not using one. 

4) That's okay as well. If you saw a ban message, there is a 99% chance that it was a moderator/owner banning you. It's ok if you don't remember the reason. I'm sure if you just find the name of the main owner and either contact them via Private Chat, or through the "Message" function in the bottom right hand corner of the chat, that you'll be able to sort out your issue.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Angelo said:

1) Okay. When you go to xat.com/login , login like normal, and make sure you enable ACCOUNT PROTECTION and ACCOUNT LOCKING. You can read about what they do here

2) No. The moderators/owners of the chat that you visit that you're banned on. 

3) That's ok! If you don't know what a VPN is, you're probably not using one. 

4) That's okay as well. If you saw a ban message, there is a 99% chance that it was a moderator/owner banning you. It's ok if you don't remember the reason. I'm sure if you just find the name of the main owner and either contact them via Private Chat, or through the "Message" function in the bottom right hand corner of the chat, that you'll be able to sort out your issue.

1. Ok.

2. I have, I've talked to one of the admins/moderators on their forum about my entire situation and they said they've talked to several owners but nothing has been done. Personally, I think the owners she talked to are either busy with other matters or aren't getting notifications of their messages. Or are just extremely lazy because the staff that I kept talking to just show signs in a lack of effort to help one of their members, which being me.

3. Alright. So if I'm not using a VPN, what does that mean for me?

4. That's the thing, there was never a reason to ban me. I've never picked fights with anyone in the community, I never disobeyed rules (In fact, I think I remember encouraging a couple rules or two regarding a certain topic so they added them in), and I try to be active as I can, going online to both the main website and their forum website. There's also the matter of the messaging saying I was banned for 6 Hours exactly due to some "sound" problem. That ban still hasn't been lifted or resolved so I don't know why I was banned in the first place.

The main owner? Well if the main owner is also the main person who started up the whole community, then wish me luck. He's rarely ever on or responds to anyone. People say he's usually busy trying to manage the community along with other things in his life. Though either way, are you sure I would be able to message anyone using "Private Chat"/"Private Message" even if I'm banned?