Why wasn't a (meme) power created yet?

TinkerDoodle

• Advanced Members

14 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Ill give an email to admins about it.

With mobile people may be expecting them anyhow.

In mobile with those emoticons i'll look forward to see them.

• Advanced Members
17 minutes ago, WindWaker said:

how does this relate to possible meme power (ugh)

Seems meme power won't have a big chance being made sooo, though i like if xat would at least make a few look a like smilies. :$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Tina said:

xat could actually make its own.  ALL smileys originated somewhere.

The true issue lies in copying the name used as well as exact replica.  Creativity goes along way.

I agree, the smiley makers can make new memes and have them serve the same purpose, yes it'll take some time and creativity but i'm pretty sure if put the effort to it, it'll work out as a great power. They are the same people that came up with (magicfx) which, imo, is a gorgeous power, so I have faith. 

• Advanced Members
On 22 March 2016 at 8:22 AM, choco said:

Even if these are copyright we can change them a little and make other similar ones. I've always wanted a troll face :'(. @Junior work on this power, its worth it!!! :$

PS: Would the poop emoji be copyright too?? Cause i'd like to use it. 

kxqgiQF.jpg

vD2JO3I.jpg

Awe gabbie looks so cute! When did you take this selfie?

on another note;

this power or similar would be great 

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, Tina said:

xat could actually make its own.  ALL smileys originated somewhere.

The true issue lies in copying the name used as well as exact replica.  Creativity goes along way.

Irrelevant.

Generic smiley faces are public domain, and can be interpreted in any way you want. These memes are very, very specific faces and are widely recognized. The true issue lies in copying something which you did not make from your own mind.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

@Stah you are actually wrong.  It is VERY relevant.  Point is xat is full of creativity.  Do you think that skype or facebook or twitter or tumbler or any other site that uses them broke copyright?

He is talking about memes.  Sort of like "Mihay go to school."  Or (nme) is not me.  I am not talking about copying.  I am talking about creating their own.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Tina said:

@Stah you are actually wrong.  It is VERY relevant.  Point is xat is full of creativity.  Do you think that skype or facebook or twitter or tumbler or any other site that uses them broke copyright?

He is talking about memes.  Sort of like "Mihay go to school."  Or (nme) is not me.  I am not talking about copying.  I am talking about creating their own.

You're telling me these:

9VvurOl.png

Are anything but generic?

The faces being suggested and being supported by others in this thread, are very specific faces. These faces are under copyright laws. Simple as that. xat can feel free to make their own "memes" but they can't be related to any of these ones in this thread.

• Advanced Members

Im not telling you anything other then xat does NOT have to copy ideas from other sites and can create their own with the creativity flow it has.

It can start with a user list of suggestions of everyday sayings they would like incorporated.  From there you take the best ones and create.  

I get your idea of the "generics", however to make it great....... we have to stop thinking inside the box and step out. The generics are already there in place.

To me they are irrelevant.