xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

COMING UP - 11TH XAT ANIVERSARY .

lcky

• Volunteers
13 minutes ago, Mark said:

or as @lcky said, some ID or power auction. (Please give us some nice IDs)

It might be beneficial to rest ID auctions for a while.

As Bella said, ID prices are dropping lower and lower. We'll soon have 4-digit IDs selling for 50k actual xats.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Crow said:

As Bella said, ID prices are dropping lower and lower. We'll soon have 4-digit IDs selling for 50k actual xats.

While I agree with both you and Bella, I feel like loss in value is inevitable. Prices simply go down over time. But it will be a good while before we reach the point where 4 digit IDs sell that low. I'm sure there's ways to work around it, maybe only add the really nice IDs every other or every third auction. I don't mean to sound silly, these are just ideas. Feel free to add on to or modify them.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
12 hours ago, Crow said:

It's a bit late for that. I guess anyone predicted the ID prices would drop with the auction system: more supply and less and less demand. They probably thought people would stop buying IDs once they get the one they like but some users would just buy an auction ID to resell it (thanks to the auction powers system).

On my side, I think an ID auction and a fun power would be cool!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 9/3/2017 at 11:49 AM, JeanGraphics said:

I would expect some power surprises or auctions of IDs, more attention to users, a tip for admin/volunteers to try not to make everything become routine.

3 hours ago, Sydno said:

It's a bit late for that. I guess anyone predicted the ID prices would drop with the auction system: more supply and less and less demand. They probably thought people would stop buying IDs once they get the one they like but some users would just buy an auction ID to resell it (thanks to the auction powers system).

On my side, I think an ID auction and a fun power would be cool!

3 hours ago, MisteR said:

I also agree, 3, 4 auctions a year ...
are making the iDs devalue more and more.(meh)

15 hours ago, Crow said:

It's all. Your work is greatly appreciated. HB XAT!!

SOMETIMES I WONDER THAT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT DOING MORE AND MORE AUCTIONS ARE DROPPING PRICES OF IDS , BUT I DONT GET THAT WHY PEOPLE NOT THINK SAME WAY WITH POWERS .  NEW POWER EVERY OTHER WEEK MAKING TRADING AND POWERS TERRIBLE .  MORE THAN 250 POWERS OUT OF 450 POWERS ARE NOW BELOW PRICE OF 100 XATS EACH .  SO WHY YOU GUYS CANT SEE THIS ??? ...

SO I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG IF XAT DO MORE AUCTIONS ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS .

Screenshot_3.jpg.cdec4737d25a9e935d15264

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, iZap said:

What I expect from the 11th anniversary is new permanent hats for the hat power to be added.

I think new hats need to be added in general, not just because of the anniversary.

• Volunteers
21 minutes ago, SlOom said:

OH OH OH ! Wait ! Didn't someone asked for suggestions but nothing came out :o ? (toj)

It's not been forgotten about, trust me. (toj) 

It's just been constantly delayed for one reason or another. Also, smiley makers need admins' approval to start the design process.

• Volunteers
46 minutes ago, Crow said:

It's just been constantly delayed for one reason or another. Also, smiley makers need admins' approval to start the design process.

You don't need 1+ year(s) to have admin's approval, mate. I'm maybe selfish to talk like that but when someone promised you new hats and nothing came out, there is a reason to express yourself about! Why ? Because people are waiting for them, that's all.

And we hadn't any answers back from Junior about the hats (that's why the thread was locked) so i'll consider it as being "fooled" UNLESS if there is a valid reason behind that issue.

• Volunteers
18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The hat project was abandoned because the designer quit. Nobody else took on the project, so don't expect new hats.

It's NOT because Junior quit that we are not going to have new hats. All smilies makers are able to do new ones.

That's completly dumb to say "don't expect new hats" because actually your sentence means that only Junior could make new hats and not other smilies makers. (toj) 

I'll end after this post since it's a waste of time to fight for that but don't worry; we'll have new hats and i'm sure Mike/Cupim/Mihay would be glad to do that for users. ;) 

• Award 1
  • Meh 1

• Advanced Members

"Until requested by xat, we need to wait for it . It depends solely on xat staff to happen, as we have the resources (and men) to make new content, if necessary." - Cupims stance on new hats btw

[Edited by staff - causing drama]

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The hat project was abandoned because the designer quit. Nobody else took on the project, so don't expect new hats.

@Brandon are these facts stated by staff or are you speculating?

Your response seems rather hostile, very vague, and overall doesn't seem to be helping anything.

"nobody else took on the project" refers to what? Does this mean that Junior came up with the idea and, since Junior quit ,the idea did not go through? 

It seems too often you(xat staff and vols) lay full responsibility of something that should be a community based project to ONE user.

That in my opinion is very ineffective, and flawed due to situations just as the one you have stated. Users really dedicated their time to try and help xat better itself and yet because ONE person quit, the Five pages of comments to contribute HELP to xat.com have been completely negated. ( by statements and actions such as these)

Also, Laying full responsibility on ONE user to take on community projects also causes for a one sided view of things. This limits creativity, content, activity, and production of said things. You should look into a better way of handling/doing things as it seems to be getting less professional as the days go by.

Always important to tag administrators on posts like these, because although unlikely, these types of topics need to be speculated and taken into consideration - @Admin

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, Brandon said:

"so don't expect new hats."  Really dissappointing and discouraging ...  

Looks like people are now just wasting thier time to expect anything from xat staff.

users already are iritated with repeated powers and nothing new ...

they just hope for small good new things likes HATS , and how bad that xat staff couldnt even deliver this much .

Screenshot_3.jpg.cdec4737d25a9e935d15264

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, lcky said:

"so don't expect new hats."  Really dissappointing and discouraging ...  

Looks like people are now just wasting thier time to expect anything from xat staff.

UxHRAL6.pngyou can use this hat for a while...