security check E64

natasa

Question

• Members

Last three days i m trying to login on my xat account and i have the following message from xat : E64 Security Check. Please check in your e mail. I check my email but i m not recieving messages from xat at all. i have tried it several times but i couldnt recieve mail from xat. Can you help me? 

Thanks a lot

12 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Can you try signing in again and see if you get the security check email in your inbox?

Sometimes the first email gets delayed but when you try it again the second email arrives in minutes.

• Advanced Members

@natasa Are you certain it is the e-mail associated to the xat account, you try to log into?

Otherwise, if you for example use windows mail to check e-mails, try the official site of your mail hoster instead (e.g. gmail.com). Perhaps you're not receiving mails by windows.

• Wiki Editors

Hello,

If you're using a different email provider other than Gmail, then it's most likely an issue with your email provider. Please check your spam/junk folders and make sure that your email is not set to block emails from info@xat.com.

Try waiting a few hours, and if this doesn't appear to be fixed, you will want to open a ticket under "Lost access" so that xat can look into this issue and change the email address associated with your account, if necessary.

• Advanced Members

Let's first make sure that the email exists by attempting to login by the email instead of the username here's a thing you can do.

You can also check to see if the email is associated with your account by attempting to reset the password on Forgot Password

If everything is alright the email is correct and everything then you may just need to wait more or re-send the email again the delay may be caused by the site or the email provider. 

You can change your email if you want GMAIL is recommended also you don't have to create a ticket to do that ONLY if the username you have is not a shortname a shortname is 4-9 characters, and as to that re-register your account if you got a username that is 10 characters and above, you can do this process on ( https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Identification_Numbers/de ) shows you how to delete the account and re-register under a different email be careful when you do this!

Remember! it's not advised to do this while you have a shortname because if a shortname gets deleted either by you or by xat it must be re-purchased hence if you have a shortname create a TICKET!

• Wiki Editors

Hello,

We see that you have successful logins after opening this topic. For this reason, we believe this issue to be resolved.

Please follow the instructions provided by Arthur in the event that the issue resurfaces.