Jump to content
Admin

(?) button on HTML5 chat

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Admin said:

I'd like to suggest that the (?) button on the chat takes you to a help chat

 

This will be more Interesting for users and they may even get help on xat before they give up.

 

It will drive better traffic to help chats.

 

Help chats could point users at other help chats in case they are quiet and also link or frame the wiki pages.

 

Thoughts ?

 

 

 

Not a bad idea but it should follow the language system.

 

For example : If the person is portuguese, it should redirect to ajuda and not help chat.

 

Edit : Maybe also divide the help tab in 2 parts :

  • One with the help chat
  • One with the wiki

so users can switch easily between wiki and help chat

(hmm) 

  • Award 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Vorrei suggerire che il pulsante (?) In chat vi porti ad una chat di aiuto

 

Questo sarà più interessante per gli utenti e possono anche ottenere aiuto su xat prima di rinunciare.

 

Porterà un traffico migliore per aiutare le chat.

 

Le chat di aiuto potrebbero indirizzare gli utenti ad altre chat di aiuto nel caso in cui siano tranquille e collegare o creare le pagine wiki.

 

Pensieri ?

 

 

I share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to be a good idea, knowing that the Help staff is dedicated, but as Sloom said, the (?) button on the chat should take the users to a Help chat of their main languages, so the idea would be that they click on the links of their respectives languages.

  • Award 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cody said:

This seems to be a good idea, knowing that the Help staff is dedicated, but as Sloom said, the (?) button on the chat should take the users to a Help chat of their main languages, so the idea would be that they click on the links of their respectives languages.

That's the idea, considering we already have language based redirection for help and trade chats.

  • Award 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlOom said:

Not a bad idea but it should follow the language system.

naturally :)

 

xat.com/_help , right ?

 

Are the help chats compatible with this now or do they need improving ?

 

Is _help up to date ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Admin said:

naturally :)

 

xat.com/_help , right ?

 

It's xat.com/help_ and not xat.com/_help (d) 

 

Plus it seems to be up to date (hmm) Haven't tested all languages but the main ones were up to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

naturally :)

 

xat.com/_help , right ?

 

Are the help chats compatible with this now or do they need improving ?

 

Is _help up to date ?

 

1 minute ago, SlOom said:

It's xat.com/help_ and not xat.com/_help (d) 


ReDirect for Assistance (meh) The same /_help OR /help_

That's what I meant, but .... .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andre said:

That's the idea, considering we already have language based redirection for help and trade chats.

As you said this already exists, you are directed to the help/trade chat according to your selected language. So there would be no problems with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cleon said:

Why not put a flag for each language, if you are in France you get the ? Button with à french flag etc 

Considering there are over a dozen languages spoken on xat, this is a really bad idea. It would cause the website and chatbox to look really crowded.

 

By having one link that redirects to the appropriate help/trade, it saves xat from having to implement a seperate button for each language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as each Official help chat has a dedicate support team who are ready to help and the user is not taken to a dead/inactive chat then it will be a great idea.

The last thing you want is for a user who needs support to be taken to a chat where they can't get any assistance.

I get there will be times where chats are quiet with time zones etc but will there be enough support for users when they do reach out to these help chats for assistance?

  • Award 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SJBB said:

As long as each Official help chat has a dedicate support team who are ready to help and the user is not taken to a dead/inactive chat then it will be a great idea.

The last thing you want is for a user who needs support to be taken to a chat where they can't get any assistance.

I get there will be times where chats are quiet with time zones etc but will there be enough support for users when they do reach out to these help chats for assistance?

The french help chat ko 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only issue with making it language based is if there is no one to help at the chat. So perhaps there is a way to add a check, e.g. if there is no mod online, it will just redirect you to xat.com/help instead, since there is almost always someone to help you.

  • Award 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the right thing should be to direct them to the international help chat xat.com/assistance .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ANGY said:

I think the right thing should be to direct them to the international help chat xat.com/assistance .

 

Why Assistance ? Not everyone wants to go at the Assistance chat, specially when there are nobody. (Almost of the time)

 

It's better to keep the language thing as I said and some people said, because all chats are visited and not only Assistance. The goal isn't to move all users in only one chat, but all help chats if possible, so they can regain users and maybe popularity.

 

If the user really wants to go to the Assistance chat, they will go to it otherwise, they will follow the redirected chat. 

 

That's all, no need to blacklist all help chats just because we have Assistance. (I have no offense against Assistance but well!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2017 at 1:46 PM, SlOom said:

 

It's xat.com/help_ and not xat.com/_help (d) 

 

Plus it seems to be up to date (hmm) Haven't tested all languages but the main ones were up to date.

Not running away from the idea here, yes, it is good, but like any other one needs to have control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.