Update ANIMALS Power

Ryan

• Advanced Members

I wished they wouldn't haven't done so many individual animal powers, they seem pretty unnecessary, also they are barely used, because they mostly look similar and have the same effects, which is pretty boring.

And i agree with you that it could be categorized instead, pets, sea , farm, etc.. However, i doubt they are going to change the powers afterwards; so i would just say, please get away from that habit.

• Advanced Members
27 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I wished they wouldn't haven't done so many individual animal powers, they seem pretty unnecessary, also they are barely used, because they mostly look similar and have the same effects, which is pretty boring.

And i agree with you that it could be categorized instead, pets, sea , farm, etc.. However, i doubt they are going to change the powers afterwards; so i would just say, please get away from that habit.

To be fair, most smiles they made ever since (magicfx) are useless, looking at (ricebowl) and (rocks) (d). I just came to the conclusion that they ran out of ideas and they have a 1 power a week responsibility so they just make random powers. Personally I say we should just get 1 power every 2 weeks so the smiley makers have some time to be more creative and actually make useful/interesting powers. 

• Advanced Members

You need to understand that the reason WHY is because xat has to make powers each week to run the site, overhaul, and cost.

Smiley powers are indeed simple for them.  They literally have to do little with them, leaving them time to code and work on things like mobile. 

I agree with you though.... there are amazing ideas like elements or seasons or weather, or eruption  they can work on instead. Hopefully now, that

the smiley makers are working together more, we can see this in the future.

• Advanced Members

Actually tired of seeing animals powers always getting released even though some of them are really cute of being made. But i hope they start making new powers more and more without animal related powers/smilies..more power functions please.

• Advanced Members

Agreed. I understand powers need to be released for xat to continue functioning, but why are basically all of the newer powers to do with animals (or pointless smiley powers)? Even if they are going to be smiley powers, perhaps a bit more originality? I'd like to see some more function powers that would actually be useful - some more gamebans or gameraces would be nice. I don't really understand why gamebans & gameraces are being entirely ignored lately.

• Award 1

• Administrators

Limited powers are sold out in a matter of seconds, this should pretty much answer the question here. Powers are made, because there's a demand for them. xat profits off that demand like any other business would. Suggesting they group new animal ideas under an existing power doesn't make any sense from a business point of view.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Seyon said:

Agreed Ryanpoos. Also why do we have TWO chats giving away xats and prizes (Game and Contests)! Yes that's right.

There are 2TWO. TWO. TWO. yes. 2 INDIVIDUAL chats. Why not merge the two together!

8-)

Na but jokes aside, xat have been running out of power ideas for a long time, and they would make even worse powers (ricebowl...) if they put all animals into one. (However this is coming from someone who doesn't bother buying new powers every week anymore). Having said that, I still agree that there should be less animal powers / updated old animal powers.

lol #mergegameandcontests

Also, WE WANT MORE GAMEBANS/GAMERACES

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

Take this with a grain of salt, this is just my opinion so sorry if you disagree.

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS. I can't stand seeing repeats. But when we do get a non animal smiley power on xat, we get MINING. 

Oh and just to add-on...

Why are there two music powers? Music and Instruments

Why are there so many heart and love powers? KHeart and Heart || Valentine and Romance

oh and QUEST AND QUEST2??

And don't get me started on the amount of egg powers on xat lmao.

I get ideas are running low, but it would be better if they would just add emotes into existing powers if they have an idea.. (i.e. they could have just added all of the hands2 emotes into hands power and changed the price if they felt 300 xats was too little). I'm seriously tired of seeing new smiley powers with only 9 or 10 emotes.. it just feels like I waited all week for something new and refreshing, but it's a rehash of something older and has less of, maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.  Just remember: smiley powers used to contain more than 10 emotes, Christmas? Winter? Feast? anyone? What happened. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but it's just how I think. Forgive me.

and I agree with Flake, they need to make a comeback on the gameraces/bans.., they were fun and still are.

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Andre said:

Limited powers are sold out in a matter of seconds, this should pretty much answer the question here. Powers are made, because there's a demand for them. xat profits off that demand like any other business would. Suggesting they group new animal ideas under an existing power doesn't make any sense from a business point of view.

If you wanted to look at this from a business point of view, it makes a lot of sense, animal powers are not improving xat at all, they are just a method of sales and they inevitably make the rich, richer, on xat. If you wanted to most out of the power each week, you'd release something that not only satisfies demand, but improves xat. Just because they sell out fast, doesn't mean the demand is there, often it's just people mass buying in order to profit. In the long run, if powers were features and cool things were added to keep interest in the site, it'd attract more paying customers. Right now, I have no incentive to buy xats if all I'm going to get is a weird looking giraffe power next week. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Mencee said:

kgiraffe next week

kappa_big.png

i've given up trying to suggest things long ago, they never listen anyway, and when they do, it takes a year or two for a response. (meh)

Don't give up! They need your fantastic ideas :$

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Elie said:

Psst..

what if I told you

they were optional

it's not like you have EP or anything

and that's the thing, it feels like these powers are only if you want to keep everypower or not, which in my opinion isn't worth it; we want powers that have value, not rehashes of existing powers, which is where Ryan is getting at. Why do we keep getting powers that you normally wouldn't use in a conversation??? what's the point other than everypower?? everypower on its own isn't even worth it now that the value of it is over $1000 USD, and a good chunk of that is all these animal powers and other clones. optional or not, this isn't acceptable. Call me ungrateful, but this is getting ridiculous. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Mencee said:

i've given up trying to suggest things long ago, they never listen anyway, and when they do, it takes a year or two for a response. (meh)

I actually have a bit more hope now because now that the forums have been revamped, the smiley makers might be looking at suggestions more and they might actually take a few suggestions, I remember seeing a smiley maker replying to a suggesiton thread saying a power will be added in the future.

yet..

So don't lose hope 

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

I actually have a bit more hope now because now that the forums have been revamped, the smiley makers might be looking at suggestions more and they might actually take a few suggestions, I remember seeing a smiley maker replying to a suggesiton thread saying a power will be added in the future.

yet..

So don't lose hope 

You are right. The one thing I'm glad they are doing now, is they are adding the hugs into the smiley powers instead of making individual holiday hugs! I still think there are plenty of ideas they can think of and many good suggestions on the forum they can follow, so I hope they take advantage of it. Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way; I highly appreciate their work, just lately I haven't felt the need to buy xats because the products seem rushed. I do agree with you that they should get an extra week to create their power, I feel one week isn't enough for them, plus there are only 3 of them. 

Anyway, this thread is drifting off-topic so that's enough from me.

• Award 1