455 SILENTBAN

Admin

• Contributors

Gcontrol was added into silentban and Mute.

Only for xat_test for now, and you can now change the ban time duration for the Mute power. For silentban you can pick who gets to see it, which I will be testing on xat_test now.

Screenshot for wiki editors:

5vcWgnfbQYOaj9uaGIDBeA.png

Two more new settings were added as well:

5A8l8tCAQcmc5rxs51ZZeA.png

• Award 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Maverick said:

Gcontrol was added into silentban and Mute.

Only for xat_test for now, and you can now change the ban time duration for the Mute power. For silentban you can pick who gets to see it, which I will be testing on xat_test now.

Screenshot for wiki editors:

5vcWgnfbQYOaj9uaGIDBeA.png

Two more new settings were added as well:

5A8l8tCAQcmc5rxs51ZZeA.png

The mute stuff is not done yet. No timescale at present but it will come.

Is the gcontrol stuff working ?

• Contributors
6 hours ago, Admin said:

The mute stuff is not done yet. No timescale at present but it will come.

Is the gcontrol stuff working ?

Looking through this and I'll get back to you.

Yesterday it was not working.

Update:

Still broken.

The message doesn't seem to send at all, and you can still silentban the rank even if you set it not to. (Debug again possibly) 

• Contributors
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

gcontol makes no difference ?

Gcontrol off or on with holding the silentban power does not show the ban messages. To answer your question, it makes no difference. 

Silentban off and using the mute power does show the ban message though. (Additional information if required when testing)

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

gcontol makes no difference ?

I've set it to:

ubJKsBimQ4auwygIrs2w4w.jpeg

But i could still silentmute Moderators as main owner.

And i couldn't see the message about the mute, however i should be according to gcontrol.

• Contributors
1 hour ago, ANGY said:

Users who have reported in Aiuto that silentban does not work in the app.

If you meant the mobile application, then yes it won't work until the app gets updated with the functions being added in.

That is why it won't work.

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members

Tested with sloom. Testing result (gcontrol):

“see silentban” option - is set to moderator, but mods can’t see the message, however owners and higher can. Conclusion: Only the ranks above the on you set do see the message.

“can’t be silentbanned” option - need more info how this is supposed to work (also it looks like members see the mute message by default now).

• Wiki Editors
11 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

“can’t be silentbanned” option - need more info how this is supposed to work (also it looks like members see the mute message by default now).

I believe this option gives the ability to decide which rank (including higher ranks) can't be silentbanned.

I.e. if it's set to moderator and you attempt to silentban a moderator, it'll go through as a regular mute. This would explain why members can see the mute message.

• Advanced Members

Doesn't work for me anymore. (gcontrol deactivated)

Gcontrol activated (n/a) for both options, not working.

Gcontrol activated with only main owner does see silentban, it works (other users don't see)

And as i mentioned before, when u set gcontrol to e.g. "members can see silentban", members can't see silentban, however temp mod and above can. Should be fixed so if i set members, member should see too.

@Admin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
6 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

why did they release a broken power :S, they should just refund the people who bought it (if possible) and just release it when it isn't broken.. 

Don't think they were/are aware of it, however we reminded them again recently. As far as i know it used to work at first, i suppose after adding the gcontrol options it broke somehow. 

• Advanced Members
49 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Don't think they were/are aware of it, however we reminded them again recently. As far as i know it used to work at first, i suppose after adding the gcontrol options it broke somehow. 

Ohh okay that makes a lot more sense, I was just flat out confused why they'd just release a broken power. Hopefully these issues get fixed soon tho, it's a great power

• zw locked this topic