Jump to content
Admin

455 SILENTBAN

Recommended Posts

I think we should have a Gcontrol assigned to this power too, LaFleur.

 

We would want to know who's doing the silentbans and why they are doing it:

 

It shouldn't apply to just main owners or owners (if it's set to default).

 

Example:

 

 DhTKHq23SW6Wef7jpwJijw.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can have the option to choose(with Gcontrol too) who can be banned with this power, i mean users without a register or users with a register.

 

I'm not sure if this could be useful but it's just an idea that i had... Maybe it would be useful because not all the main Owners will want to hide bans for all users.

 

We can have the option to choose if this power can be used in our chats too, with Gcontrol.

 

However, it's nice to see function powers being created!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all silent bans should show in events. If the power is piggybacking on mute, it should by default be set to Owners only.

 

I do like the suggestions of being able to edit who can silentban and who can get silentbanned in Gcontrol.

 

I believe this arose due to fexbots constantly muting raid bots, flooding the chat. This is a good idea to prevent this, however to avoid abuse, I think every main owner should still be able to see the bans, just to ensure a staff member doesn't go rogue. However, this might defeat the purpose entirely, so maybe someone has a better idea. 

 

If the ban is supposed to be silent to everyone except for the staff member banning and main owners(?),  I don't think blasts need to be made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing results:

 

Mute is silent, no one is seeing a message about it in chat.

Events works with silentban.

Blast is silent when having silentban, so it works as it should.

Rapid works with silentban.

Banpool works with silentban.

 

Conclusion: It works properly.

 

@Admin

 

Another suggestion

It would also be good if there is a gcontrol option to set who can mute (e.g. mod+).

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Banpool works with silentban. //Side note: Mute in general seems to not move the muted user to banpool, unless the banned user refreshes chat, could this be fixed maybe?

 

I assume another difference between mute and silentban is that the user is aware he's banned when he's banned silently while he isn't when he's muted. If a user was moved to the banpool after being muted, he would realize he was muted, which defeats the purpose of the power.

 

I doubt there is anything to fix on that side.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is silentban designed to only let the user know that they are banned or is it meant to not let anyone know in the chat?

Can silentban be used to ban for 1hour+? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sydno said:

 

I assume another difference between mute and silentban is that the user is aware he's banned when he's banned silently while he isn't when he's muted. If a user was moved to the banpool after being muted, he would realize he was muted, which defeats the purpose of the power.

 

I doubt there is anything to fix on that side.

Ok, that's right. Totally didn't consider that mute is also meant to not let the muted user know about his ban in the first place.

 

@SJBB Right now, silentban works with mute and just like mute, only difference, no one does see any message about the mute in chat.

Still limited to 1h.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I'm the last to hear about this(swt).

Everything looks functional correctly, even though it would be nice if the unmute option came out and the message did not come out, I do not know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sydno said:

 

I assume another difference between mute and silentban is that the user is aware he's banned when he's banned silently while he isn't when he's muted. If a user was moved to the banpool after being muted, he would realize he was muted, which defeats the purpose of the power.

 

mute also has this issue ?

 

does a muted user see they go brown etc ? :s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lafleur wants to be able to edit the amount of hours you can mute
  • Lafleur wants to be able to edit who can mute (allowing mods to mute, perhaps)

 

  • Maverick wants to be able to edit who is able to SEE a silentban in the chat, aka who performed the action. (Mods, owners, mains, etc)
  • Solange wants to be able to edit who is able to BE banned by a silentban (Unregistered guests, registered guests, etc)
  • Solance wants to be able to edit whether or not Silentban can be used in a chat or not (enable/disable feature)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Admin said:

 

mute also has this issue ?

 

does a muted user see they go brown etc ? :s

No they don't, unless they refresh the chat. I believe this is fair.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sydno said:

No they don't, unless they refresh the chat. I believe this is fair.

 

do they see they get moved to ban pool ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Admin said:

do they see they get moved to ban pool ?

They don't see that they get moved to the banpool unless they refresh the chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SoIange said:

Maybe we can have the option to choose(with Gcontrol too) who can be banned with this power, i mean users without a register or users with a register.

We can have the option to choose if this power can be used in our chats too, with Gcontrol

 

1 hour ago, Angelo said:
  • Lafleur wants to be able to edit the amount of hours you can mute
  • Lafleur wants to be able to edit who can mute (allowing mods to mute, perhaps)

 

  • Maverick wants to be able to edit who is able to SEE a silentban in the chat, aka who performed the action. (Mods, owners, mains, etc)
  • Solange wants to be able to edit who is able to BE banned by a silentban (Unregistered guests, registered guests, etc)

 

I made two suggestions, add the second one to your list please.

 

Thanks, @Angelo!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angelo said:
  • Solange wants to be able to edit who is able to BE banned by a silentban (Unregistered guests, registered guests, etc)

Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of the power? If it's piggybacking off of mute, shouldn't it function similar to it? Why would you want just one group (unregistered guests for example) to be banned using silentban? (hmm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phin said:

Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of the power? If it's piggybacking off of mute, shouldn't it function similar to it? Why would you want just one group (unregistered guests for example) to be banned using silentban? (hmm)

Maybe to disable the power from being used by staff (to prevent abuse on registered users) but to allow a Fexbot to ban raidbots silently without flooding the chat

I don't know. Just throwing ideas out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Admin said:

do they see they get moved to ban pool ?

 

It works like the Mute because you piggybacked the power off of it. When you Mute someone, he or she will remain in the same pool with the the others. When he or she refreshes, they will be moved to the banpool. (As Angelo said).

 

I think this should have been a separate button on the ban menu instead of being assigned to the Mute button.

 

That being said, change "Mute" in the  events page to something like "Smute", or even something like "Silentb". (When silentban is used of course). 

 

The ban duration should be changed as well since it's working like a normal ban but silently. It should not be based off the Mute's power duration which is 1 hour, which is just crappy. (Unless you change Mute's duration hour to 0. Then that would prompt the Mute power duration to be used more effiently, so you can Mute for an X amount of hours using the Mute power - which is a crappy solution! But works).

 

This would distinguish the power itself making it unique. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I think this should have been a separate button on the ban menu instead of being assigned to the mute button.

I agree with you like this when unban could also be done in silence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting power combination of banpool and mute and that the baneo is fast so when a user makes spam or pass links not related to xat.com is easy to give a fast ban and not escape although this function I saw a proposal from another Power as you have added other combinations of other powers to have faster function, I like thanks for the information greetings:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Phin said:

Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose of the power? If it's piggybacking off of mute, shouldn't it function similar to it? Why would you want just one group (unregistered guests for example) to be banned using silentban? (hmm)

 

14 hours ago, Angelo said:

Maybe to disable the power from being used by staff (to prevent abuse on registered users) but to allow a Fexbot to ban raidbots silently without flooding the chat

 

That's the correct answer to your question, @Phin.

 

Thanks, @Angelo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.