Network Problem

TheXekutioner

Question

• Members

Been searching for awhile and can't seem to find any answer particular with my problem. I have a few theories but here's whats going on.

I just moved into spot with a roommate that already has internet established. Its comcast(bleh) but i brought in my computer, hooked up to XAT without any problem. However, there's a computer we have downstairs that does not want to fully connect. 

Ill jump into a chat, the chat connects, shows everyone in it and me as a guest. As soon as i click on anything in the chat it starts to "Connect" and then gives me the error message of

"Network Problem - Connection Problem. You could try to start the chat again, sorry. (AT)". 

So i thought "Chrome can mess up at times" so I tried Microsoft Edge and it seems to have the same exact problem. As i said, i have another computer connected to the same network and has no problems. Im thinking it could be the firewall but don't seem to know how to bypass within Windows 10. Can someone help me out? 

If this has been asked a billion times i'm extremely sorry I just haven't really seen anything. Thank you in advance. 

5 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Before this is locked - you should be able to use two different PCs on the same network to connect to xat. Someone had the idea that perhaps you were assigned the same ID on both computers. If this is the case, you can reset both your IDs and make two different accounts (under two different e-mails) and you should be able to login on both PCs. Or, login to two different already-existing accounts on both PCs.

But, if you're okay with using one PC at a time to use xat, that's fine too!

Good luck!

• Advanced Members

The first thing I would try is restarting your router and modem. Just to double check that everything is running smoothly.

Secondly I would check to see if your downstairs computer that can actually connect to the internet. Tell me if you can pull up a webpage such as YouTube, or maybe Reddit. If you can, that's a good sign.

If you can't however, I would call your ISP and ask them what your options are. When I recently replaced my router and redid my home network, I had to set up an access point so my computer could connect to the WiFi - I had no wifi card or receptors in my computer.

If you can connect to the internet on your downstairs computer, but not to xat, try getting off of xat on your upstairs computer and seeing if you can connect on the one downstairs. Can you? Let me know.

I looked up some online forums from 2009 and one answer suggested using this link to go to chats: https://xat.com/chat/room/1/?p=0

Replace the "1" with whatever the ID of the chat you're trying to go to is. If you were trying to go to xat.com/xat_test, you would type "5" instead of "1". If you don't know your Chat's ID, use this tool: https://www.xatworld.com/whatsmyxatchatid/

I have no idea if that will work but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Do all chats you try to attend pull up the (AT) error? Try to go to xat.com/Help , xat.com/Trade , and xat.com/Lobby and tell me if all three pull up the (AT) error. If not, it may just be the chat you're trying to visit.

These are all my ideas! Let me know if they don't work and someone here or myself can continue to assist you further. 

• Members

Thank you for your time! It was actually because I was logged in upstairs.... I had actually logged off and tried down stairs and it still didnt work. However, it was just a matter of timing so Im guessing i just need to be logged off for a couple of minutes in order for it to completely realize Im not in an xat anymore. Thats all it was thankfully. Sorry for dragging you through this! I feel extremely illiterate but thank you for the help!

• Wiki Editors

Since this issue has been resolved, I will now close this thread and mark an appropriate response.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to open a new thread.