bot fix

Griftlands

• Advanced Members

here is my suggestion to fix bots overall

recently theres been alot of bot raids and spam and abuse so i was wondering is there is any way to ban all bot sources and make a whitelist on what domains/ips could bypass the filter and create a filter to only trusted sites can pass and use bot. trusted bot providers will be given access to the bot and be whitelisted and can bypass the filters for example. users wont be affected as they will use those trusted sources and it comes from those sources and not them so everything would be the same. but would be more secure and safe.

how it would work it when someone connects to an ip or port there will be a security check and a filter in place and will check the list to see whether they are whitelisted or not. this filter will block everyone except those who are trusted. this will stop bot raiders, spammers, and other annoying bots, fake bots, and bot abusers. everytime someone connects to bot ip or bot port it will check this filter and verify the domain or ip to a whitelist. if someone tries to connect it wont go through and access would be denied and bounce off and disconnect with error.

whitelist can work by domain or ip. it would be like entering a username and password or just a password to access or login but can be done i know it is some work but this would be an improvement. only allow people with trusted bots and limit who can and cannot go through filter and access. i know this is possible but of course will work and would solve the bot issue  and it wouldnt affect users who already use bot as long as the provider they use is whitelisted which fexbots, arcbots, ocean would be trusted.  so you know people are using legit bots all the time.

let me know what you think and comment below

• Advanced Members
Just now, Angelo said:

You don't think that a fix is already being worked on to try to prevent raid bots from happening?

i am just stating my way to fix the bot, and i know they are "trying" to fix the issue 

just stating a way to do so, i had this in mind for years since bots became abused

• Bot Service Providers
1 hour ago, Angelo said:

You don't think that a fix is already being worked on to try to prevent raid bots from happening?

Nope

1 hour ago, QueenANIME said:

i am just stating my way to fix the bot, and i know they are "trying" to fix the issue 

But you think blocking all bot provider (that aren't listed on xatwiki) will fix it?

Nope, it will not fix that issue,  admins can't block this method because it will also block normal users, because "raids" are accessing xat as "normal users", we have sufficient problems with captcha already...

There are two fixes...

1° -- Blocking proxy on auser3.php's file so users can't get more "free ids" and can't raid anymore

2° -- Blocking proxy directly via server-side (this is working already but in another method... not efficient)

@Admin

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...