Easier way to PM

BestNeedsHisAcc

• Advanced Members

I mean.. if the chatbox was more compact and harder to navigate, I could understand why this would need to be a feature. This would also make it so you would have to remember the ID or the registered name of the person that you want to Private Message. In that case, if you didn't have it memorized, you'd have to hover over their name anyway. At that point, why not just click and PM them regularly?

No offense, but I just don't see a huge demand for this. 

• Members

i don't think someone would be this lazy and not be able to click the person's name and try to pc them. totally avoids the use of the tickle power by never clicking their name at all and still doing actions to their account, aye? idk. tell me if i am overthinking this, but we also have the !mail command from bots as well. 

• Advanced Members

Not my way I would be taking.

I rather prefer the introduction of keyboard shortcuts/button combinations with the upcoming release of the HTML5 chat box for that. For PM, but also other things on xat.

What I have in mind for how this would work for PM?

Once the assigned shortcut was performed, a little, long window in the chat box pops up with a lock symbol on the very left and a typing box that fills the rest of the window, for you to enter the user ID you wish to PM.

• Advanced Members
On 19/7/2017 at 4:31 PM, BestNeedsHisAcc said:

since pm's can be seen on main chat why can't we have an easy way to pm without having to click every time

all u have to do is do /pm [regname] message here

example

c765a8909b.png

this is for lazy people like me. no hate......

It can be equally useful, than the command to add a friend with the ID 

I do not see anything bad to this, so we also avoid touching the nick with the people who have the power tickle I have annoyed lol

But, I would have to see how to enter this function to send a candle without matter in the chat that the person, as long as we have it in friends, I like this

Thanks for this

@BestNeedsHisAcc

• Award 1