Whitelist links for guests

LaFleur

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Crow said:

Would trolls be tempted to abuse it though, if they knew which links were allowed? :$

Even linking random wiki articles can be annoying (and more distracting than regular words).  

Good point. It could be restricted to registered guests only. Trolls usually haven't got accounts.

I don't think it would get too annoying and in the end its the group owners choice.

• Volunteers
33 minutes ago, Crow said:

Would trolls be tempted to abuse it though, if they knew which links were allowed? :$

Even linking random wiki articles can be annoying (and more distracting than regular words).  

Everything is abused on xat, so if they come to abuse links, it will not be a new thing.

And anyways, it's up to the owner to set the correct links if he doesn't want people to abuse it.

Plus, not all guests on xat are abusers, we need to give them a chance and if they are bad, not a problem -> ban.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I support this suggestion!

would be great to AT LEAST have the ability to post wiki/forum/prnt scr links as guest.

and regardless, if someone REALLY wanted to send an inapp link they would just remove periods and add commas.

thumbs up

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I really like this suggestion, definitely it could be a good power, we need to have more group/function powers on xat and i think that this is a really nice suggestion.

I hope that this power will be created.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, SoIange said:

I really like this suggestion, definitely it could be a good power, we need to have more group/function powers on xat and i think that this is a really nice suggestion.

I hope that this power will be created.

Whyy ~Power again, why not power update (Link)  Or be this option for free, no power is needed for any suggestion given here.

Actually he knows better what it should be, but I would not allow it to be power this suggestion, because it would be a total disaster, they all want to use this idea, I know this for a few years, I think now everyone knows, And they want this idea free, as an extra option of xat com.
It's just my opinion.

I love this idea, LaFleur's good job :$ 

3 hours ago, SlOom said:

Everything is abused on xat, so if they come to abuse links, it will not be a new thing.

And anyways, it's up to the owner to set the correct links if he doesn't want people to abuse it.

Plus, not all guests on xat are abusers, we need to give them a chance and if they are bad, not a problem -> ban.

Yes, But for that there is a bot on the xat, take care of the guest, members, mods, owners, mainowner.
You can add what you want to be allowed in xat and what not to be allowed in xat.
:$:$:$     Or I'm wrong Sleem :$ 

• Advanced Members

In the case of prntscr getting whitelisted, there should be an option to allow posting links for only registered users. This will prevent raids or just toons trolling around.

This is useful for those who go to chats (e.g. Help) and have the need of sending links (wiki articles or guides) to help users, but can't.

• Thanks 1