Preview IMG

Joshe

• Volunteers

An impressive suggestion, with great animated visuals (which always helps when critiquing these sorts of things). 

My opinion is that it could breathe fresh life and energy into xat, adding an exciting new dimension to conversations. Indeed, other chatting platforms such as kik allow you to send stickers and gifs from a predetermined list (at least in private chats) - perhaps this narrowed selection would be better suited to prevent abuse. There is also a convenience about the images showing up without having to click links (which are sometimes broken). Credit for the highly practical zoom idea too, which takes up less space in the chat (and therefore requires less scrolling through). 

However, my main gripe is that this power simply isn't needed. The alternatives - lightshot and imgur links - work perfectly fine (even if they require more effort to open), and you can view these images in bigger sizes / more detail there too. Equally, if you want to send emotive things in the spontaneity of conversation, we have thousands of our own brilliant unique smilies to choose from. Heck, this idea could even damage smiley power sales - why spend 200 xats on something you can easily just make into a link yourself? Presumably, this power won't work on mobile either, unless dramatic design changes are made to the chatting interface (although I know mobile is no substitute for the desktop version). 

Ultimately, I can't see this power happening, but I look forward to your next suggestion :p.

8 hours ago, S0NIC said:

So add, enable who can send those images in each chat, with power gcontrol

(hmm) This is a good compromise, but not everybody has GControl. I suppose staff can just ban them if necessary....

9 hours ago, Cleon said:

sounds good , doesn't work . 

Imagine the inapp images 

True, but remember we can have inappropriate avatars and xatspaces too.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Crow said:

An impressive suggestion, with great animated visuals (which always helps when critiquing these sorts of things). 

My opinion is that it could breathe fresh life and energy into xat, adding an exciting new dimension to conversations. Indeed, other chatting platforms such as kik allow you to send stickers and gifs from a predetermined list (at least in private chats) - perhaps this narrowed selection would be better suited to prevent abuse. There is also a convenience about the images showing up without having to click links (which are sometimes broken). Credit for the highly practical zoom idea too, which takes up less space in the chat (and therefore requires less scrolling through). 

However, my main gripe is that this power simply isn't needed. The alternatives - lightshot and imgur links - work perfectly fine (even if they require more effort to open), and you can view these images in bigger sizes / more detail there too. Equally, if you want to send emotive things in the spontaneity of conversation, we have thousands of our own brilliant unique smilies to choose from. Heck, this idea could even damage smiley power sales - why spend 200 xats on something you can easily just make into a link yourself? Presumably, this power won't work on mobile either, unless dramatic design changes are made to the chatting interface (although I know mobile is no substitute for the desktop version). 

Ultimately, I can't see this power happening, but I look forward to your next suggestion :p.

(hmm) This is a good compromise, but not everybody has GControl. I suppose staff can just ban them if necessary....

I agree in part on what it says, but everything has advantages and disadvantages, but the common interest in giving a return to how it looks xat this would be good

I appreciate your opinion on this...

• Advanced Members
28 minutes ago, Laming said:

direct

According to what I said before'

N.b: It should be a feature, not power xD

Just should be updated, and it will work fine.

It can be used this way, I have seen another user try this idea in another way and it can also be good.  @SlOom  or sloomy 

• Volunteers
7 hours ago, S0NIC said:

It can be used this way, I have seen another user try this idea in another way and it can also be good.  @SlOom  or sloomy 

Yes, I tried something but it doesn't look good because we dont have enough space between message so the picture quality is low. (can be improved when i'm not lazy for!)

7OqxXbq.png

But it can work..

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, SlOom said:

Yes, I tried something but it doesn't look good because we dont have enough space between message so the picture quality is low. (can be improved when i'm not lazy for!)

7OqxXbq.png

But it can work..

If that does not also when doing the test, but could work with improving the quality when using the power zoom

• Advanced Members

This sounds  neat. If this would be created, the zoom function should definitely be considered.

If e.g. wide images would be a problem, you could force every image into 23x23 in the chat message (also to save space in the message), while this consequently means bad quality and distortion, the zoom would come handy - however clicking at the image and opening the image in new tab should work as well.