Status smilies.

ANGY

• Advanced Members

Hi, this suggestion came about because users use a lot facebook emoji in your status: GOHihJbFQh_GytPHNi4prw.png 

Simply allow to place xil smilies in status, with a default size of w4: (hug)

I do not think this should be a power, but the idea is good and it's fresh, I know it's easy to make suggestions but when it comes to making them real, it's complicated.

What do you think about? They like the idea?

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Its a good suggestion and i can see this become a power. It should have a limit of size though, so you won't be able to completely overlap your name.

And afaik @Techy already created this for his client, it looked pretty nice.

Edit:

AJ1sHMI0Q9i4CgfiGzMgVg.jpeg

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

This suggestion has already been added but has been deleted. ))

That's good idea.
I mentioned here a few days ago.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, Bau said:

What about smile in status? We can use smile in status.
Is good idea, I support this idea, because I used script for this idea in 2013- haha Admin Please do not be bad with me. xD
This secret remains with us, okay? xD

I do not think this is possible, but anyway I support this idea
Because  admin are lazy, When you start to think about the idea of this topic, Xat´s To Do List  I'll talk just fine here.
Anyway, I'm not a bad person. But so many good ideas, and must be ignored....

End  sign0013.gif

This is From Topic  @LaFleur Suggestion (statusmusic).

• Volunteers

+ Adds a new depth of meaning to status messages. Sometimes humor + emotion cannot be communicated through words alone.

+ Makes sense, given emojis are already possible.

+ If people don't like it, they can type $SetStatus=off to disable all statuses in the chat.

- Arguably, status messages aren't supposed to be like names - they are more simplistic and informative. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Its a good suggestion and i can see this become a power. It should have a limit of size though, so you won't be able to completely overlap your name.

And afaik @Techy already created this for his client, it looked pretty nice.

Edit:

AJ1sHMI0Q9i4CgfiGzMgVg.jpeg

its super easy to code however the way status is saved might have to be altered to get 100% functionality out of it
Problem:

status is saved with your name (name##status)

status then split by # to get glow and color etc

so if your name is "testing##(bot#c)#000000#ffffff" it will thing #c) is your glow and #000000 as your color

this isnt to much of a problem if they change how status is saved

• Award 2

• Members

I like the idea, but the chat is already getting cluttered with different colors. Namewave, Namegrad, Nameglow, Namecolor, Statusglow, Statuscolor... They all make that user list full of enough color and I don't know about adding more to the vibrant colors already there. 

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Members
On 06/07/2017 at 11:19 AM, Crow said:

+ Adds a new depth of meaning to status messages. Sometimes humor + emotion cannot be communicated through words alone.

+ Makes sense, given emojis are already possible.

+ If people don't like it, they can type $SetStatus=off to disable all statuses in the chat.

- Arguably, status messages aren't supposed to be like names - they are more simplistic and informative. 

Good idea!, I thought to quote some points but it seems that you made a clear position, that way would be work. Also, status smilies idea was suggested more than once. @Crow

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

Personally I think it should be limited to basic smilies, nothing to extravagant. I would get annoyed at seeing everything be so flashy on the user list. I think if this were to be added some limitations should be implemented just as LaFleur said above. Things like size for sure; maybe just disable the size power in status in general.