CUSTOM CHAT MODE - HTML5

Dann

• Advanced Members

That is actually looks so awesome . 

It would be easier to upload the background inner in this case . 

however with the option would it be just on the main chat its self or it can happen to private chat as well ? since we do have a pcback power . 

but either way I like this suggestion/idea !! 

hope it happen. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, LaFleur said:

Customization is never wrong, so it could be considered for the html5 version, if it doesn't require too much work.

Thanks Lafleur,

If html5 is to be built, wouldn't it be built from scratch? yes, it may require a bit more work, but I believe it would be a great feature. ANY feature would require work. The more complex, the more work. I think it's about time we got a little treat from the admins, a little bit more than "easy" feature is long overdue at this point. (in my opinion).

17 hours ago, iRhea said:

That is actually looks so awesome . 

It would be easier to upload the background inner in this case . 

however with the option would it be just on the main chat its self or it can happen to private chat as well ? since we do have a pcback power . 

but either way I like this suggestion/idea !! 

hope it happen. 

Thank you Rhea,

That's a great point you bring up (pcback). Not quiet sure how it would work. Since this feature is a "mode" and only if the chat is participating in this, maybe it could be the same way for pcback. (anyone with a custom pcback mode). Maybe you can come up with a way around this. I'll be thinking about it a bit more.

ON another note:

This feature would also be good for mobile users as well as they will be able to customize the chat to fit their screens (html5).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, IDanny said:

Hi

I like your idea :)

;)

Thank you @IDanny!

Unfortunately, for some reason, most of the images on my post no longer show. 

So I am updating the post right now and adding the images to this for the time being.

adding images:

gpvyohm.gif

Modifying sizes:(example)

TVu7EZU.gif

And examples of some modifications:

Example 1:

oYKpIn3.png

Example 2:

zF40FEz.png

Example 3:

BVwXXds.png

Example 4:

62u10vz.png

without these images the idea is not portrayed properly.

thanks

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

This idea is decent but the improvement of xat isn't just on how we interact with it. It's mainly about the visuals, and flexibility with the features we ALREADY have. Not ones we may consider having. Other than that, this could be a possibility although I don't see it happening anytime soon.

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

This idea is decent but the improvement of xat isn't just on how we interact with it. It's mainly about the visuals, and flexibility with the features we ALREADY have. Not ones we may consider having. Other than that, this could be a possibility although I don't see it happening anytime soon.

@CarlosDesigns

Where are you getting this information from? 

I am rather positive Xat did not make an official statement on WHY the reason of updating to HTML5 is.

I also never stated that the upgrade to html5 is ONLY for how we interact with the chat, I do not know why you assume that is what I believe.

The opening statement suggest exactly why I even included the HTML5 platform in this topic:

On 7/5/2017 at 11:12 AM, Dann said:

This idea relates to customization of the xat chatbox. This suggestion may work best upon the release of the html5 client. (would be more capable and work best with it).

It is due to the fact that the html5 would be more capable of supporting something of this sort.

• Award 1

• Members

nice suggestion :$ but i think first we have to wait for HTML5 client... because we still don't know that the layout of chat will be same as before or different like mobile app have different then swf client :)

" CUSTOM CHAT MODE - HTML5 " your title looks like its about to turn on/off swf client to HTML5

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Members

I'm glad to see such a brilliant idea, I don't know why I didn't comment earlier.

It's an example of what it might look like if we could resize it in chat. [What do you think about this?]
I'm not proud of the example I added, :d but I think you understand the idea.

• Like 1