Get rid of Flirt

Communism

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, Navith said:

I wish it surprised me that this thread is full of people who insist that this isn't a major issue and that no action should be taken.

I dont rlly see anybody saying no action should be taken, just people saying that the problem isn't the chat, but the users themselves.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Karl said:
3 hours ago, Navith said:

I wish it surprised me that this thread is full of people who insist that this isn't a major issue and that no action should be taken. (Ugh, "moderates")

Step 1: Identify as many offenders as possible (using Communism's original catfish method), and build a list. Do nothing with this list until it is "large enough."

Step 2: Ban the users from the list from the site.

(optional further action)

Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the remaining offenders (who may need a few days to figure out how to evade the ban) until satisfied.

Step 4: Delete Flirt.

Step 5: Establish a chat (ex. "Dating") with moderators.

It's pointless because they'll just move chats.

What you are offering is a short term solution. But what can be done to prevent what Karl is saying? 

Im 100% confident.... well.. 99.9% confident the admins and Vols will look into this because now the entire website is at risk of having legal action filed against it since there are obviously laws against child predators.

However what can xat really do in the long run? These people can make countless chats to go to and keep up what they're doing. You can't have a mod on every single chat, you can't see what happens in every single private chat. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's very very difficult finding a long term solution to fight and prevent this.. 

It's a shame that this conversation is happening after all the years flirt was around. If you think it's bad now, you should've seen it when it had more than 1 pool LOL. But ey, better late than never. 

@Admin are u looking into this? 

@vols 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Already been spoken, xat flirt to have staff and rules. Is a brilliant idea.

But here came to talk about ips, ban, who knows, who does not know. "
When someone does not know, help, but do not argue that person.

I know many feel good to type. But reality is not so.

And you who know about banned, why the flood has not yet been stopped?
Why there are always flood victims. Spam, se*` image, and more?
Because he does not have staff and rules, and because xat has to work better.

There are bots for this, it does a good job, and auto, 24/7

Tell me, who said here that somebody does not know how banned works now responds if you know, a user with dynamic ips, or a user who can access the public internet, how can you solve if he can change the internet, or not to use the internet at his home. Can use it from the city, or even from friends.
It's stupid, this discussion should not be discussed here

Every official or debug xat.com, etc., need to have a good team, I do not see any other idea.
Staff + Rules =  the problem is resolved
Star.jpg

• Advanced Members

I don't know why this issue is being brought up now. Flirt has been like this for years, but now that it barely manages to get 20 users a day, you decide to show concern for it?

I don't see the point of deleting the chat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 7/2/2017 at 10:18 PM, Navith said:

I wish it surprised me that this thread is full of people who insist that this isn't a major issue and that no action should be taken.

@Navith I respect your point of view. But this is not a practice that is condoned by xat.com therefore the issue does NOT lay on flirt chat itself. Just because the name is "flirt" on the chat will not make these people(and by people I mean predators)  go away. As much as it sucks to face the reality, this chat DOES hold a decent amount of those people. But when accessing a chat called "flirt" you should know what you're getting into on the internet. That's the harsh reality of things.

If you read the terms: https://xat.com/terms.html the sections labeled 1 (one) and 2 (two) describe that these type of offenders are NOT allowed to use services for those reasons. And if you are a registered sex offender you aren't even allowed on the service whatsoever.

So my point is the following:

If you come across an offender or someone violating your rights as stated by the terms. REPORT THEM. It does NOT matter where on xat they are or where they hang out. Just report it. Getting rid of flirt will not help it, they would just relocate elsewhere.

You all be safe while chatting and the terms are here for you to enjoy this service without these issues .

• Award 1

• Members

I have an idea, in the mean time someone should be able to just buy the chat (According to the bots it is priced at 5.5k xats) and colonize it like the brits colonized America. "Oh look it's my land now"
I've tried it though, and it gave me an error message. Probably because it's permanently Delisted. I think that would be HILARIOUS though.

Edit: If what I've heard about Flirt being originally an Official chat is true... it reminds me of how Class E from Assassination Classroom is looked at by all the other classes.

--Though that's a HUGE insult to Class E...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just came across this thread today and find this stuff very interesting.  Flirt was created for people to find a boyfriend/girlfriend and use that marry/bff feature which I think myself is really silly after over 5 years of experience on xat.  It may be good for people that know what they're doing but it's a terrible idea for vulnerable people that just want someone to marry/bff with.  It can cause the following problems:

1. Imagine if your a guy wanting to marry/bff a woman and you succeed only to find out about 3 days later it's a gay man.

2. Half the people on xat are emo and have very dark humor on this kind of stuff.

3. You may loose friends if you ask someone like I have found out the hard way by asking a certain woman then getting shut down by them unfriending you as their obversely not interested.

4. Sometimes you can marry/bff but waste 200 xats as within about 3 - 24 hours they can divorce you.

5. Say your a 30 year old man and you start talking to some random woman.  That could turn out to be an 11 year old girl too young for xat using a picture of a supermodel.  It can turn an innocent guy into a pedophile immediately.

6. This is not real life it's the internet so why have a marry/bff feature anyway.  It's not like your going to meet these people and doesn't make sense.  It's also on some other sites terms of service not to meet up.

So never mind Flirt I think xat needs to get rid of the marry/bff feature.  I know a lot of people like it and probably will not agree with this.  It's just my opinions on subjects like this.

• Award 1

• Members

just follow simple internet safety principles and it would be fine

if flirt had staff , i think that would solve the problem by herding those certain people out

but the reality is , lots of chats will have this problem , so really its up to the users here . xat isnt going to save everyone here .

also : what does "Guest" mean on this forum ? never seen that before .

• Members

I agree that there is an issue of pedophiles and other issues of people like that on Flirt. But I don't think getting rid of the place entirely would work. Moderation might. If you get rid of the chat, they'll just move to a new one and continue their pedophilia there. 

• Done! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I personally love Flirt, I find the chat amusing. I personally have no worries about any predators coming after me. I always keep my NoPC on and NoPM on. Half the things people say in that chat, got me snorting. (toj)

• 2 weeks later...