"NoPowers" power

DjRadioAktiveTVR

why we should have a power to hide our powers ?  its not important to hide our powers from anyone 

what if someone stole powers from users ? and this may cause problems in the future 

**you should give us more info about your suggestion**

• Advanced Members

I could see a few reasons why a person would want to hide their powers:

• People beg for your powers
  • People insult you due to your lack of powers or abundance of powers
  • People try to steal your powers.

You can use (nopc), (nopm), (nofollow), and (show) to prevent all the aforementioned situations, or find a new chat to go to.

I don't think it would be that useful.

• Advanced Members

This'd rather bring up problems, than doing any good, e.g. people selling stuff they don't have, creating false trade, as angy mentioned.

Though one could argue, this isn't a big issue with selling xats/days while show is enabled, i still think hiding powers could encourage this much more.

• Volunteers

This could be useful for hiding auction powers too. It means you could bid using your main ID without opponents knowing what your limit/ceiling is, which is sometimes a disadvantage. 

(Although this is a weak point, because arguably using your main ID at auction is a disadvantage in itself, as opponents will know who you are, and are more likely to make joke bids to mess you around. In addition, you'd still likely have to trade powers around between your accounts anyway, since you might have non-auction powers on your main ID.) 

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
9 hours ago, ANGY said:

This was previously suggested and was not supported, this will bring problems with the false trade of powers.

59 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

This'd rather bring up problems, than doing any good, e.g. people selling stuff they don't have, creating false trade, as angy mentioned.

Though one could argue, this isn't a big issue with selling xats/days while show is enabled, i still think hiding powers could encourage this much more.

How would this power create "false trade"?

7 hours ago, Stardox said:

What would happen if members pretend to have 'nopowers' power? How do they prove that they are telling truth and being legitimate?

They could prove it by disabling the power.

• Wiki Editors
9 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Like for example, i am saying i sell purple, but i don't even have the power and claim its just disabled and hidden.

You would be selling Purple for off-site currency? If so, you should remember that reselling isn't supported by xat i.e. people do that at their own risk. Also, the risk is there even if you do have it.

• Advanced Members
12 minutes ago, Arthur said:

You would be selling Purple for off-site currency? If so, you should remember that reselling isn't supported by xat i.e. people do that at their own risk. Also, the risk is there even if you do have it.

You misunderstood, i was referring to xattrade chat, since false trade is disallowed there. My concern is just that people could increase that behaviour with this option being there, but it might be not a big issue after all.

• Wiki Editors
11 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

You misunderstood, i was referring to xattrade chat, since false trade is disallowed there. My concern is just that people could increase that behaviour with this option being there, but it might be not a big issue after all.

It's your fault if you accept the trade and the other user hasn't put the power. I don't get how this power would affect it.

• Advanced Members

Why if we can deny access to people on our pc or pm we can not refuse to see our powers?

pEH17BVRRvS_MH_anlaUaw.png

I like the idea It would be more privacy.

Trade chats could change their rules

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Arthur said:

You can't put a power you don't have into the trade engine - and this power wouldn't change it, therefore I don't get how it would increase false trading.

Yes, you're right about that. False trade is just about people making up prizes and selling/buying stuff, but don't do then so, or for example making up prizes to manipulate fair trade prices and then pretend they've sold it already and then hide the power.

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
3 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Yes, you're right about that. False trade is just about people making up prizes and selling/buying stuff, but don't do then so, or for example making up prizes to manipulate fair trade prices and then pretend they've sold it already and then hide the power.

You could always trade between accounts.

• Crow locked this topic