Kiritsugu

Font Size & Color Selections in Xat Chatboxes

Hi, I'm a frequent user of xat. I've been using it for about 5 some odd years. One thing that kind of vexxed me that would of been a very easy fix would be some minor additional options. I've noticed a lot of background choices are either too dark, too bright, or just a mesh of colors that don't contrast well with the small size what? 12 black font?

So I was wondering here if the admins here would highly consider this (if it hasn't been discussed before I haven't checked.) if you could embed the option/choice of font sizing (for those who can't read small fonts) and color selection both background color (behind the font) and foreground (the actual text color). I'm sure it's not hard and wouldn't take too much of your time. If there's a big enough demand for it. All I ask is please consider it. I'm sure there are others who share my perspective that might have this problem as well.

Thank you for your time.

It's been suggested before. I understand that some people may want the font on the chat bigger however, zooming in to the page/chat somewhat makes the font and chat bigger already. I feel that if there was a background colour to the fonts, the chat would look very messy and very distracting to the eyes. Adding both a background colour and foreground text colour to the font would also create much lag. For those having a difficult time reading the font on the chat should just zoom in to the chat to view it better. It would be cool to have some type of power that is like a magnifying glass that zooms in to the font though, somewhat like zoom but for message font. 

Only way this could work is maybe have it client sided, so only the user that uses it sees there colours there end.

Another way is to have this as a group power, which would save the amount of abuse by it, yes it still be abused but it will be more controllable 

I do believe chats should have more accessibility options according to UK Law, in reference to text size rather than the colours.

• Like 1