Upgrade GControl - Can delete chat messages

• Advanced Members

To set in Gcontrol  who can delete certain messages.

With a chat that stores messages, there's always a potential that any users who post inappropriate languages will be seen by new visitors arriving on the chat or you even wouldn't want any inappropriate languages stays on the main chat. Currently only from temp mods + high ranks can delete messages by signing out and in on the chat. I know we have the option on the chat that "Do not store chat messages" and it's entirely doesn't save messages but with this new add-on adding to GControl we can set the rank from member- owner who only can delete certain messages (innaproproiate words)  without deleting the whole entire messages on the main chat. This add-on can also keep the chat messages under control when sometimes there are moderators who deletes the entire messages for no reason. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

For that there is power (bad) - to hide words
And bots on xat do a good job, I do not think this is necessary.
Or you can even make it just for members, and guests who are not your friends may want to write vulgar words because in xat they will not show you these words.

As I understand above, that's it, I think it's not good.
But maybe I'm wrong, anyway, good luck....

• Advanced Members
40 minutes ago, Bau said:

For that there is power (bad) - to hide words

Bad power  filter/hides inappropriate words only but not totally delete the inappropriate words on the chat. The bad words would still be there.

REO4T3H.png

And bots on xat do a good job, I do not think this is necessary.

This isn't about bot banning about inappropriate users. Even if the bot bans the inappropriate user the user's messages is still there.

Or you can even make it just for members, and guests who are not your friends may want to write vulgar words because in xat they will not show you these words.

This suggestion is not to limit the chat by making it to private chat by (setting to members only), this suggestion is ideally for public chats without necessarily making users into members and closing the chat to unregistered users. This add-on would also be usable if it's set to member where member are able to delete certain unwanted messages (inapp words) if there's no available mod on the chat.

• Advanced Members

@6 Well, I can understand, but anyway it can be publicly set, set for all, not just for members, but for all, how is the test now
  And is the bot that does this job, I understand does not delete, Not just delete the ugly words, but all the messages, but anyway do the work of moderator. Anyway, the xat team can do it... :$ Yet another reason to be more careful and active on xat. xD
This may be a good idea, but I do not know how many years it will be
Because there are many more good ideas, and not added to xat (rolleyes)(sman)

• Advanced Members
21 minutes ago, Phinny said:

You can use the bot to clear. Simple. *MINDBLOWN*

The idea is not to entirely delete all messages but only certain unwanted messages/s.

• Advanced Members

Hi.

I think  this suggestion this of more, it removes relevance to the moderator and owner in their functions.

There is a function that allows the owners and moderators to delete messages from the xat, it can delete the "unwanted" messages. Or any other message.

With these you would be assigning functions to a member who does not correspond.

lxnIB5.png

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, S0NIC said:

Hi.

I think  this suggestion this of more, it removes relevance to the moderator and owner in their functions.

There is a function that allows the owners and moderators to delete messages from the xat, it can delete the "unwanted" messages. Or any other message.

With these you would be assigning functions to a member who does not correspond.

lxnIB5.png

This option ''Check this box to allow Co-Owners to delete comments'' only refers to Comments below the chat which is far from the suggestion.

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, 6 said:

This option ''Check this box to allow Co-Owners to delete comments'' only refers to Comments below the chat which is far from the suggestion.

Not so, with that suggestion that says, only a member would be allowed to delete the ensi messages, no matter if they are unfit or not.

I understand what it says: Allow a member to delete inappropriate messages

But these functions correspond to the moderator and owner.

But seeing this from another angle, may be a good idea, since with the gcontrol it is controlled who can do the functions in the xat. This idea is not all bad