Graphics chat

Elie

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, TrueRedDevil said:

Good luck to whoever gets the chat, hope you can bring some life to the chat again.

You're right, graphics was once again abandoned and it's time to get back on track.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I would love to have a shot at running graphics, I own a Graphics chat at the moment and I think it would help to move there and it would also help with people who are in need of graphics to have their needs met :)

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
47 minutes ago, T0x1c said:

I've tried several ways of contacting you and no reply. I can not understand your last comment, would you please rephrase?

1v1 (1 player vs. 1 player), Pharah (a character in the game, Overwatch), pc (played on the PC), ow (Overwatch). It's a joke.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, T0x1c said:

I can not understand your last comment, would you please rephrase?

33 minutes ago, Manu said:

What is the contest based on?

It was a joke. Ignore it.

38 minutes ago, T0x1c said:

I've tried several ways of contacting you and no reply.

All I need to know is if you want it. I read it, now I'm just waiting to see who else wants it.

35 minutes ago, Manu said:

I think the one who has the command of the chat must have knowledge of graphic design. The user must show their knowledge about the graphics.

I don't disagree here, but that's not all you need.

Repeating the same staff over and over again only causes the chat not to advance.

I wanted to pick someone who gave a * about the chat beforehand and didn't just see it as another rank. I had someone in mind, but I'm not sure he wanted it, so I'm asking here.

38 minutes ago, Manu said:

So it would be ideal to put new people, new ideas, new dynamics.

Cool. So what would you bring?

I do not see the need to use Discord by having the chat to interact with the users.

That wasn't my idea. Seems rather irrelevant. It has its perks, though.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think it has to be Manu.
There are people doing good work, but he's the only active here always...
Good luck for everyone....
If they are still people, they will join him.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

First of all make changes in the staff, my idea was risky and is to allow more languages other than English, it would be good to implement tutorials, new resources since the design is very old. Also work with new users who want to learn but do not have guides and much less a staff to support them in their learning (not everything is business)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I agree with Manu. Before, graphics was a chat where you post your work and they'll say it's good or bad, they will not help you improve. The idea is to improve, and grow as a team, and with the right leader and right mindset I believe it could be not only revived, but maybe even made a more friendly environment for more people to learn. 

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, T0x1c said:

Before, graphics was a chat where you post your work and they'll say it's good or bad, they will not help you improve.

Odd, I don't remember that. (said from a very active owner of the chat)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, T0x1c said:

Before, graphics was a chat where you post your work and they'll say it's good or bad, they will not help you improve. 

I doubt that and don't believe that. I've not been a staff there nor often go to the chat but i know they give advice and even help you with graphics related things. 

• Award 1

• Members
19 hours ago, T0x1c said:

I would love to have a shot at running graphics, I own a Graphics chat at the moment and I think it would help to move there and it would also help with people who are in need of graphics to have their needs met :)

I think Toxic would be a great choice for this, he has shown many people within xat that he has a very creative mind and can produce great work. He also is a good leader/team player. I have delt with him for work many times and have seen what he is capable of. I know it's not up to me I just wanted to support him as he is a great person and great Graphic Designer. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Guppy said:

Odd, I don't remember that. (said from a very active owner of the chat)

I saw you there a few times(as for the active part). Never when I've posted work and asked opinions. CSY was mostly the only one who would give advice, Jake often would as well. However for the rest of the chat that were of high rank, they do not wish to help you improve, just to tell you if your work meets their standards or not. The leader of this chat needs to be able to hold everyone together as a team. As Manu mentioned, the previous staff clearly did not wish for Graphics to continue, so the first start would need to be staff who is motivated and willing to be a leader. Having the Official chat back would help graphics designers to learn and customers to become satisfied.

• Advanced Members

A lot of people expect to get something equal to several private lessons when they ask for help or tips, which I for example don't have the time or energy to give. I've usually given some sort of tips on how to improve (if I don't I'm most likely busy or something) if people have asked... More often than not the person asking should really be focusing on learning the basics though, so my tips and help go a bit wasted. Of course I've also met a bunch of people who actually learned something when I helped them, which is why I still helping people at times.

I don't know much about how well the other people at Graphics have been helping others, but for what it's worth the few times I've asked for help with css (I'm useless with code...) I've gotten some help.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think a good pick is someone that's not only revolve in graphics - with fair views in artworks and not just by looking of who is the designer.

• Advanced Members

It is not only being a graphic designer, but also structuring a solid base and interacting with users.
Provide dynamic material for both the designer and the visiting user.
For example if a user needs a bg pcback and does not have xats, possibly have a topic in the forum with some bg's free. As we already have some free use for users.
The world of graphic design is so great that every day you learn something new, why not learn all together?
I hope the chat will come back to life with the help of all users who want to help make that possible.

• Award 1

• Members

HI all,

So graphics is looking for an administrator that's it? MY question is: what happened to the current admin (hmm) and if it's another chat engine they're on then may they stay there. Because someone will step up sooner or later, change some dynamics we're already used to, because graphics are kind of a need in this community. P.S. looking for a design mentor. :p

• Award 1