French Open 2017 Contest

Crow

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Crow said:

I'm wondering what Djokovic can learn from him, but we'll see...

Anyway, Round 2 is over! A few people have been knocked out, but congratulations again to those who made it. A special mention goes to Caroline Wozniacki with the double bagel (6-0 6-0)! Check the topic post for results.

@Crow I think that since he is 30 years old now, he will work with Agassi to stop relying as much on defense and start attacking more. I noticed he was asking Agassi a technical question about his backhand (it looked to me that it was about grip), so that may mean something. Both of them have some of the best 2HBHs in the game, along with Nalbandian, Safin, and Murray.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Dont want to sound rude , im not fan of tennis but after i google some stuff out it will be probaly Andy Murray ,  Stanislas Wawrinka or

Novak Đoković who will win this .

• Volunteers
21 minutes ago, Kristjan said:

Dont want to sound rude , im not fan of tennis but after i google some stuff out it will be probaly Andy Murray ,  Stanislas Wawrinka or

That's just the men's side. The women's side is incredibly open without Serena Williams playing!

However, I do agree with your point (sry). There is a slight chance another player could make the final, but it's usually Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka, Federer, or Nadal. Ultimately, it's just a random luck contest for fun, and a chance for people to take an interest in tennis when they wouldn't normally. I don't mean to mislead anyone! 

• Award 2

• Volunteers
47 minutes ago, Kristjan said:

Best players are most likely to win, obviously, it works the same in every single sport! Yet, I wouldn't be that sure for Djokovic or Murray. Nadal is incredibly strong this year and Thiem is a beast as well.

We can also be surprised, Raonic is already out yet was considered the fifth best player!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Kristjan said:

LOL. Murray has had so many shock defeats this year. Wawrinka has been inconsistent as well, and what about Nadal? He's the king of clay ROFLMAO.

• Volunteers

The quarter-final draws have been posted! Only two more wins until you receive a prize!

1    Andy Murray [Lemona] vs. Kei Nishikori [8] [Piaa]
2    Novak Djokovic [Sydno] vs. Dominic Thiem [6] [EzreallaerzE]
3    Stan Wawrinka [Kriz] vs. Marin Cilic [7] [Lunala]
4    Rafael Nadal [Daniel] vs. Pablo Carreno Busta [20] 

2    Karolina Pliskova [Blacky] vs. Caroline Garcia [28] 
3    Simona Halep [Manu] vs. Elina Svitolina [5] [Zed] 
11    Caroline Wozniacki [Melody] vs. Jelena Ostapenko 
13    Kristina Mladenovic [Solange] vs. Timea Bacsinszky [30] 

Good luck as always!

• Award 5

• Volunteers

A massive shock! Defending champion Novak Djokovic has been beaten by sixth seed Dominic Thiem [6-7 (5-7) 3-6 0-6]. Djokovic was bageled in a Grand Slam for only the third time in his career (the last time was 2005)! 

It'll be a Nadal-Thiem semi-final.

• Volunteers

As @DontPanic alluded, here are the semi-final draws:

1    Andy Murray [Lemona] vs. Stan Wawrinka [3] [Kriz]
4    Rafael Nadal [Daniel] vs. Dominic Thiem [6] [EzreallaerzE]

2    Karolina Pliskova [Blacky] vs. Simona Halep [3] [Manu] 
30    Timea Bacsinszky vs. Jelena Ostapenko 

Because of the results, only one prize will be given in the women's side. I might roll the unused prize into a Wimbledon contest (3rd-16th July), if people want that!

12 minutes ago, DontPanic said:

@Crow It's the first time Djokovic was bageled since 2012, when Federer bageled him en route to a 6-0 7-6 victory at Cincinnati.

Yeah, but 2005 since it happened in a Grand Slam. =P. Interesting though.

• Award 3

• Volunteers
8 hours ago, Crow said:

A massive shock! Defending champion Novak Djokovic has been beaten by sixth seed Dominic Thiem [6-7 (5-7) 3-6 0-6]. Djokovic was bageled in a Grand Slam for only the third time in his career (the last time was 2005)! 

It'll be a Nadal-Thiem semi-final.

Thiem is definitely a beast, though. If he does the same for the semi-final, he may actually win against Nadal; I wouldn't be surprised Thiem becomes the new world best tennis player in a few years.

Still happy I had Djokovic, still my favorite player <3

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sydno said:

Thiem is definitely a beast, though. If he does the same for the semi-final, he may actually win against Nadal; I wouldn't be surprised Thiem becomes the new world best tennis player in a few years.

Still happy I had Djokovic, still my favorite player <3

I think Zverev has more potential than Thiem, but that's my opinion. Thiem doesn't have much tactical play and he exerts too much effort on his groundstrokes (often contacting the ball later than most players).

Djokovic getting bageled in 2005 was against Safin (who won the Australian Open that year), for the record.

• Volunteers

Congratulations to @Manu for reaching the final... but will he claim the 1000 xats or 500 xats? Tune in on Saturday to find out! 

3    Simona Halep [Manu] vs. Jelena Ostapenko 

The men's semi-finals are tomorrow (Friday). 

• Volunteers
On 6/10/2017 at 4:14 PM, Manu said:

The winner is Jelena Ostapenko 

It was great the game

B0qXXYkAQLuuEkJoGl7zMA.jpg

I am truly amazed. She is the first unseeded woman to win the French Open since 1933. Commiserations Manu, but a worthy finalist :(. Thank you for getting involved too!

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obUCEKiGnf0

Prize has been given:

Spoiler

mO9oSFGFQRSurKEUEXbJxw.png