usound

Dubz

• Members

Simple. It's what gcontrol does, but you set your own sounds and it overrides the group sound (even their gcontrol).

Now we can finally put an end to the annoying gsounds some chats set it to. I don't need to hear a firetruck every time someone sends a message, or a machine gun firing when someone enters the chat. They get obnoxious and ruin chat experiences.

For those who will complain that I can "just turn the sound off", no thank you. I do not want to turn it off, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining in the first place about the gsound power. If you want suggestions for new useful powers, there you go! If you don't like it, you do not have to buy it! ;)

• Members
2 minutes ago, Techy said:

i like this idea but it needs to have a counter or else it ruins a group power.

i would make it so theres a option in gcontrol to disable user powers that override group powers.

That would just ruin this power then, and those chats with gsound would definitely abuse that as well.

Perhaps allowing user's to disable it at specific chats would work, but otherwise it ultimately should be the client's decision, not the chat's. After all, there's other ways to block gsound in general. Disabling chat sounds (which I would rather not), redirecting the audio file requested back to the original, clients that some users are utilizing now, etc.