Busy power

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

It seems like a good idea but I would like to have the ability for when I do /busy it may temporarily enable NOPC and NOPM to stop people from private messaging you and when you are free to talk again you just simply disable it.

Yes you could do /+nopc etc but think it would be useful to have this as a feature for BUSY?

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, SJBB said:

It seems like a good idea but I would like to have the ability for when I do /busy it may temporarily enable NOPC and NOPM to stop people from private messaging you and when you are free to talk again you just simply disable it.

Yes you could do /+nopc etc but think it would be useful to have this as a feature for BUSY?

That could work, perhaps like this:

If you want to get "busy" and enable nopc and nopm at the same time (depends if you have the powers), you just type /busy+, instead of "busy", so it stays optional.

Busy+ would simply be a "i don't want to be disturbed" function.

Busy+ could have more thing:

- Disable any sound (chat volume, sounds from kisses)

• Award 2

• Members

Seems actually useful. Perhaps it could work alongside (away) in some regard, whether it be a red clock (vs blue) or a blue DND sign. Regardless, I find it to be a good idea for everyone to have. It would make things easier than changing the status (who changes their status that often, come on now) and still get the point across quickly.

One additional feature I'd enjoy is to toggle it on all chats you're in at once, or just the chat you're at. For instance, maybe I'd want to be busy in all chats except one, or only one specific chat.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Dubz said:

One additional feature I'd enjoy is to toggle it on all chats you're in at once, or just the chat you're at. For instance, maybe I'd want to be busy in all chats except one, or only one specific chat.

I think, by default, it makes more sense to enable 'busy' on all chats ur on and if u want to be busy at one chat only, there could be a /busyhere function.

• Advanced Members

Maybe make it so if someone clicks you and you have (busy) on, it can show an automated message. You can customize it however you want. "I'm in a different chat" etc. Only reason why I'm suggesting this is because I don't see the difference between this power and (away). They both have the same purpose, to show users are not available at that particular time. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Actually this suggestion is good in the whole concept, although I am of the people who think that if there is a power that has a very similar function the other would impede because there would be two.

However discarded this, it would be great to have this power with the away so either activate it with the command of / away when writing or touching the screen is automatically disabled and it is what I do not like it.

Although the symbol in red I do not like it so much, maybe it should be another and in yellow color (swt)

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Maybe make it so if someone clicks you and you have (busy) on, it can show an automated message. You can customize it however you want. "I'm in a different chat" etc. Only reason why I'm suggesting this is because I don't see the difference between this power and (away). They both have the same purpose, to show users are not available at that particular time. 

That would be an nice addition. The more differences to away, the better.

Once people stop replying on this topic (since more ideas may come), i'll update my first post and add the rest of ideas that have been gathered.

8 hours ago, ANGY said:

Although the symbol in red I do not like it so much, maybe it should be another and in yellow color (swt)

I just thought red is more generic for "away", but yea sure yellow works too.

• Members
8 hours ago, ANGY said:

Yellow is more of an idle/away, whereas red is more of a "Do not disturb". Maybe away should've been the yellow one and this would be the red. Although you aren't telling someone to not disturb you by stating you're busy, it would be telling xat to not disturb you with sounds and whatnot.

• Advanced Members
On 2017-5-21 at 6:43 PM, LaFleur said:

Hello there,

thought of a power called (busy), similarly to away.

Main function and usage:

- Indicate others that you're currently busy by doing /busy in chat, undo using /unbusy

Compared to Away this wouldn't be automatic, also since away and busy would conflict then.

Why busy?

- Sometimes you're on the chat, but you're just not able to chat, doing something alongside, or you're able to chat, but you're kinda being "absent", meaning you're there but typing like once in 5min, because you're currently writing a new forum post for example ; )

- A lot of big chatting platforms allow you to set ur status as 'busy', besides 'away'. Examples: Steam, skype, discord

Demo:

7514b7ac0f7e4cceb5a1e8eeb18e8514.jpeg

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Hi.

Very good suggestion I think very well, I agree with what it says, also could add a function as: when someone tries to send you a private message or the friend list, when it does, send a message already configured automatically Through this power that says "at this moment I can not answer you I'm busy, leave a message"

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, S0NIC said:

Very good suggestion I think very well, I agree with what it says, also could add a function as: when someone tries to send you a private message or the friend list, when it does, send a message already configured automatically Through this power that says "at this moment I can not answer you I'm busy, leave a message"

Thank you! This has been suggested by TinkerDoodle already, but its a good idea.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members
12 hours ago, Shake said:

Adding the option of a whitelist would be nice in my opinion too. If you are away but still waiting for someone to message you, their "sound" would be the only one you hear.

Good idea, added it.

"-- /BusyWhitelist {ID} Type that in chat to add users to whitelist so you can still hear their message sounds while busy (applies to main/pm/pc)"

• Award 1