Sproof Power

jaxonn

• Volunteers

The only way I can see this happening (and I'm clutching at straws here) is to add a clear notification at the start of their message, so it's obvious it's not their words:

r1mmit.png

[concept art - please excuse the bad image editing]

However, you still can't account for inappropriate words (which bots will ban users for). And obviously not everyone will like it. 

I'm afraid this suggestion isn't possible.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

I like the idea but I'd like it even more if we could find a solution on how "to label" these messages.

That red icon would "kill the joke", and any other indication that's easy to spot wouldn't help to make it funnier either.

So I'll remember that we have the events power (and we could use it, if this sproof power ever comes to exist).

Here's the idea: If Paul makes "my xat user" say that "I listen to Justin Bieber everyday",

that would be recorded on the events page for anyone that got events power to see.

The concern here, is for how long that log would stay on the events page.

For an example, in a drastic situation where Paul "makes my user" say something bad.

Imagine that I get banned from that drastic situation. 

Lets say that the log from the events page is long gone. That wouldn't be a nice experience.

And difficult to fix.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The tought may be nice, to troll people and have some fun, but this literally begs to be abused or to cause confusion and it would be a really bad to idea to make this an actual power, regardless of indicators or event logs.

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

The tought may be nice, to troll people and have some fun, but this literally begs to be abused or to cause confusion and it would be a really bad to idea to make this an actual power, regardless of indicators or event logs.

I agree, I do not support this idea in anyway and while it may be a fun thing to do with friends I am highly against it. I am personally against any power that messes with another user without permission and I fell the same kind of way about this as I do with the JUMBLEJINX power. All these sort of powers are horrid in my personal view but hey that's just me. :)

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

I am the one who gave you this idea but of course there are bad sides to this suggestion and i really didn't want you to actually suggest it as a power because you could get someone banned because of this and/or say something that's not meant to be said. And of course like others said it could also be used to troll and i don't think anyone would like that.

• Advanced Members

This power seems like fun for just a prank or two,but as @LaFleur said so, this can be exploited such as saying swearing words so that the bot bans that respective users, Which again, I am more against of this than Pro.

But the dea is not that bad, so don't get discouraged by some constructive motivation.

• Advanced Members
23 hours ago, darkraiiii said:

This power seems like fun for just a prank or two,but as @LaFleur said so, this can be exploited such as saying swearing words so that the bot bans that respective users, Which again, I am more against of this than Pro.

But the dea is not that bad, so don't get discouraged by some constructive motivation.

Yeah, this would def be exploited and abused by many.