Lost Email and Password

FedeFedeFede

Question

• Members

As the title says, I lost the Email and password of my account and so I cannot log in.

As the "Frequently Asked Questions" post says, I tried to open a ticket but for some reasons seems I've troubles during opening it.

So here I'm, what should I do?

10 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

What's happening when you try to open a ticket?

Does it ask you to login countless times after logging in already? Try to clear cookies re-login and create the ticket.

Does it ask you to enable flash? Read this: https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flash_Plugin

Sidenotes: Make sure you have enough words inserted in the subject text box five words will suffice as the ticket subject. Make sure you have the correct department selected >> departments

if the problem persists the same then you have to contact with one of the volunteers click here

E55MPWb.gif

• Advanced Members

Hi FedeFedeFede,

Send private message to a volunteer and politely ask to help you open a ticket if you are having a trouble opening one.

• Advanced Members

I see. Could you please login to your account and try to create it again? See if this helps.

I remember being able to create a ticket in this department without logging in to my account it probably doesn't work any longer I mean I'm not sure I think it does anyhow attempt to create the ticket once you're logged in.

In the event that it doesn't work again, you then will have to message a volunteer as we suggested above or just wait the threads on the forum are looked into when a volunteer comes on, once they see it they will shot you a private message or ask you to message them.

E55MPWb.gif

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

I see. Could you please login to your account and try to create it again? See if this helps.

I remember being able to create a ticket in this department without logging in to my account it probably doesn't work any longer I mean I'm not sure I think it does anyhow attempt to create the ticket once you're logged in.

sw885nL.gif

Opening in Lost Access department requires to be logged in and he can't login to his account since he lost access to his email. There's a recent issue in opening a ticket where users are having a trouble opening a ticket so it's better to advice him to ask a volunteer in opening a ticket for him.

• Advanced Members
Just now, FedeFedeFede said:

Did you mean logout? I tried, even by being not logged in it will give the same problem

Both actually I tried to get you to do both / (logout) as in if you were to get a new id.

The ticket system has been buggy lately however.

Thanks for cooperating with me to solve it but at this point I think there is no solution than getting a volunteer to create a ticket for you, thanks for posting your problem on the forum, message a volunteer your regname or the id for them to be able to create a ticket for you.

• Advanced Members

Hi @6

I wouldn't reply back but it's not advised to reply to each others especially in General Support and leave the user who wants the help. Each post should be concentrated on one person.

Have you ever heard of creating a new account or logging into one that you have full access to, to make the ticket in the required department (lost access); I know there are issues with the ticket, as for creating the ticket in this department without logging in, I can remember that in the past I could do that readily. What I'm trying to get at here that I know all of these information.

@FedeFedeFede your problem is solved my friend. volunteers will create a ticket for you.

• Members
24 minutes ago, 6 said:

Opening in Lost Access department requires to be logged in and he can't login to his account since he lost access to his email. There's a recent issue in opening a ticket where users are having a trouble opening a ticket so it's better to advice him to ask a volunteer in opening a ticket for him.

this is what it says from here: https://forum.xat.com/announcement/2-frequently-asked-questions/

I forgot my email! What do I do?
Create a new xat account and open a ticket. Select the Lost Access help topic. The subject should be at least five words. In the ticket, include the username and identification number (if known) of the account you need help with. You will receive an email with a link to the ticket, but only at the email for the new xat account. Eventually when the email is changed you will be able to reset the password.

Anyway, I already asked to a volunteer, so thanks