Embedded Chat Links

Dann

• Advanced Members

Lately I've been thinking of new ideas that, in my opinion, will ultimately better Xat. And this Idea ties in to that topic exactly. (implementation is ultimately up to xat).

This idea is pertaining to Embedded Chats that appear on the featured/popular/supported tabs of the xat.com homepage.

Generally, when you embed xat into a website that gets a decent amount of traffic it will garner more users than your typical xat.com chat box. (and eventually various users will stray away from the embedded chat onto other xat.com chat boxes therefore causing more activity on xat overall)

This idea is essentially a MINIMAL motive/incentive for more websites to use xat.com embed feature.

The Idea is to provide a link to the website that the chat is currently embedded on to, when these chats appear on the featured/popular/supported tabs.

Here is a simple representation:

2u6ofhc.png

As you can see, the first row of this list displays the link to where this chat is currently embedded.

This will theoretically bring in more websites that are looking to embed a chat.

How so?

Because if users already on xat.com have access to the website of the embedded chat, and vice versa, then both xat.com and the website looking to get a chat embedded will benefit from this (as both will garner traffic that wasn't there before). if one website already has traffic,(xat.com) and it will give you a service(embedded chatbox) and also post your link on their homepage(if you are a popular chat/website) then both xat and that website wins. Therefore attracting more popular websites to embed xat.com chatbox

Let me know what you think by commenting below!

• Advanced Members

I can see this being abused (scam, obscene, illegal, xat-competitive, troll sites, etc.) and i am not sure if that should be shown on the index page of xat.com. You may aswell just create a chat and add the link to the description or to the scroll (chat group 3 does that on your screenshot).

However on the other hand, it could be an incentive to get your website to the index page (as you mentioned), more appealing as xat would allow that option and chat groups can be reported by the "inappropriate" page.

• Advanced Members

The idea is ok and I like the way you were thinking keep it up! The idea could probably bring in more users to xat but likely not that much though still the idea could attract slightly more people.

However, I have a feeling that people wouldn't care to visit the embedded chat as much as they would care about visiting the chat on xat.com (let's say the safer site),

As mentioned above those sites in the screenshot you provided can be illegal and harmful hence, I see this as it may bring in more "reports" than garnering more of users. As also mentioned above you can have your website link in the chat's description.

After all I hope people consider/think twice before visiting unknown sites because, whether having the website link in the description of the chat or on the index of xat.com is yet harmful and is to be suspicious, I anticipate your idea is more seducing for people to click on a link that could lead them to unpleasant situation. 

xat can't inhibit people from adding a description, right? hence it lets users have a website link in the description, and giving the choice for other users either from visiting the website to staying away from it, so users are doing this at their own risk. xat also is disallowing its users from adding their website in the first tab of their chat room to prevent the direct access to those sites as they can be illegal. After this being said do you think they would implement your suggestion?

Ltecjgf.gif