Silentb

ANGY
Message added by Crow

This has been added with the (silentban) power.

More info: https://xat.wiki/silentban

• Advanced Members

I like the idea but few questions

1. will ban still be logged?  events/search

2. will higher ranks be able to see the ban?

3. who can see the ban?

will you be able to manage it with gcontrol to limit it to certain groups or set other settings...

lets say people abuse and silent ban how can this be managed so it cant be used the wrong way

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

Actually, I like your idea, and I support it, but for a few reasons, I need to consider that we have the power (mute) already.

Not sure if ban without showing why/what happened is a good thing to xat privacy xD

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The truth is that chat is a platform for all types of people, usually the majority seeks to make some kind of joke or insult others, also inappropriate names, so this would be a good option so would not appear the name of the inappropriate person In room

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, ANGY said:

The truth is that chat is a platform for all types of people, usually the majority seeks to make some kind of joke or insult others, also inappropriate names, so this would be a good option so would not appear the name of the inappropriate person In room

you just described mute's primary purpose

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Phinny said:

Mute still shows ban message for others except the user that was muted. (sman)

Only to staff (so that they know the user was banned). Guests can't see the message.

• Award 4

• 1 month later...

Hello. I know this was suggested before but the suggestion was only for gamebans like the post says, so I guess I can make a new one.

How this will be any different from Mute? Well, basically with this power you can ban without NOT EVEN YOU seeing the ban message, 

like it works for SilentMember, that you can make a member and no one sees the message. However, if you have Events, you can check who did the ban.

This power would be nice to avoid dramas on main xat when you ban someone and etc.

Name: SilentBan

L/U: Limited

Hug: no

Group power: no

Ban hours: any you want, 24, 0, etc

• Advanced Members

I like this idea.

It would be much better to create something much more general
SilentAll: Always depends on the range you have, include rank of moder, onwer, ban, kick

11 minutes ago, ANGY said:

This suggestion already exists, is exactly the same as previously posted.

Guess it wasnt explained correctly.