Captcha improvements

Nezhit

• Bot Service Providers

Sup,

It's boring the captcha and we all know this(surely all of us had problems on xat captcha already aka Google reCAPTCHA), well, did you know that Google did a new reCAPTCHA version? it still safe(obviously LOL it was done by Google).

Google reCAPTCHA Invisible:

How it's working? I didn't try yet but we don't need to complete a lot of things, try to find unknown letters or select weird images...

Do you think should be good xat changing this?

Just a proof that it was released already:

1cc748393f0a461fa7e834763c60a0f8.png

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, Bau said:

So cute. :$(hippo)

Atention:  Its just for Discussion. :p 

:$I do not believe in anything, it's good as it is now, why complicate things.
Many important things to xat.com must be done, and they are not finished, this is not important for xat.com now,
Edit:recaptcha1.gifGiff Captcha
recaptcha2.gif

• Advanced Members

Did you just suggest changing an important feature without any prior testing or research, other than the fact that you know that it has been released recently?

K. I'll go with Majora's response. Try again. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Laming said:

"Bad users" captcha is supposed to protect against bots not users, and in any way, it will work for this. Just using an easy way.

What I meant by bad users was bots/scripts, since the captcha prevents them to come in as "users" It wouldn't be correct to call them a user,

so I used "Bad users" instead.

Edit:

Trust me, I understand where this suggestion is coming from, and I know it's a chore for some people who have to constantly do the captcha on protection

mode, but when you minimize interaction with the user you gradually make it easier to automate the process of signing in which is not good.

• Advanced Members
On 4/27/2017 at 7:04 AM, Majora said:

What I meant by bad users was bots/scripts, since the captcha prevents them to come in as "users" It wouldn't be correct to call them a user,

so I used "Bad users" instead.

Edit:

Trust me, I understand where this suggestion is coming from, and I know it's a chore for some people who have to constantly do the captcha on protection

mode, but when you minimize interaction with the user you gradually make it easier to automate the process of signing in which is not good.

do you not know how recap works? it wont be getting automated any time soon ;)

• Members
1 hour ago, Techy said:

do you not know how recap works? it wont be getting automated any time soon ;)

I don't know particularly how the invisible reCaptcha works, the google docs on it aren't very explanatory about it, so i'm just a bit iffy on it is all, but I'll be reading up what I can find on it.

• 3 years later...
  • Volunteers

xat will be updating its current captcha (which is recaptcha v2) to recaptcha v3.

It was decided that it would be more user-friendly for xat users when registering a new account or recovering a xat account via the lost password page. A complete doc can be found here on how recaptcha v3 works: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3

An update regarding this will be posted in the new web changelog when this is updated.

• Award 1
  • Like 5