PCLock feature

Madison

• Volunteers

Definitely a useful concept in some situations.

Another idea is to have a little padlock next to the tickle symbol, which would direct all PCs to that chat (regardless of how many tabs you have open). It would glow blue when switched on (directed), and you can click it on and off. A positive of this idea would be to have all your private chats in one place (you'd switch it on when first signing in). A negative would be that it's not as flexible as Madison's idea, where PCs can be locked as and when necessary, rather than cramming them all in one chat. You wouldn't know what chat they PC'd you on either.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

yes i like this idea.

It is very usefull and very simple @Madison

also i have an idea if madion's idea wont work is to just send a private to all chats. like if user is on 4 diffrent chats ,  he gets pced on all 4 chats . all c hats will get full conversation. so which ever tab user is on , he recieves all the pvt. messages.

2dr8dhl.jpg

Totally agree with this and this will be 100% useful. It's so annoying being in 2 xats or more and having random pcs everywhere. 

Also locking it with just two clicks would be a good idea, fast & simple.

• Volunteers

Multiple tabs mean messy private chats. I tried to come up with solutions for that

I will post them here because they resolve the same problem.

Private chats sync - you will get the same messages on all chats/tabs.

If I say hi to Johnny on private, and Johnny says hi back. I'll see two messages on all the chats I've opened.

So any new message, would appear on all the chats. Be it from me, or Johnny. 

Sync from origin chat - you get messages from the chat you first got them

For example, I sent a message to Johnny on PC. We're both on xat5. Then Johnny opens xatLobby.

From Lobby, he wont get any of my PC messages, unless he closes xat5.

Another example, Johnny is at xatTrade instead of xat5. He will get all the chat on xatTrade until he closes it

This solution is similar to the "lock feature" but automatic.

About the lock feature, I like the idea because of the double-click part.

Imaging it, I'd say some people would take time to learn how to use it

I thought of adding helpful texts for users to learn about the lock feature 

By hovering a PC tab, you get the nickname of one user.

If they add the lock feature, below the nickname, one text could show to inform users

Example "to lock this private chat, double click the tab".

Also when locked, another text needs to show, saying its locked.

I'd prefer the private chats sync idea added since it puts all messages sent and received to all the chats you're connected

No need for clicks and you see the same chat everywhere. Never need to search for a tab where you locked a PC. 

Users may take time to understand how the feature works at first but the double-click concept helps to make it an easy catch.

Also I like Crow's idea because its a way to save time from looking for a locked PC. With one click you can all locked PCs to the chat you're on.

In case xat adds Madison's PCLock idea, they should add Crow's too

• Award 2

• Bot Service Providers

This is easy, I did it via packet editor just blocking a packet(but all PC will be locked in one chat) :c but yh, it still easy to do.

It's really a nice suggestion, but I wish it be a feature, not a power.

• Advanced Members
20 hours ago, Cupim said:

I'd prefer the private chats sync idea added since it puts all messages sent and received to all the chats you're connected

No need for clicks and you see the same chat everywhere. Never need to search for a tab where you locked a PC. 

I like this idea too, however I guess it would depend on the amount of PCs you have. Someone may want to have PCs with certain people on certain chats for example. And with the tab part, this is why I think it should be clearly marked on the PC tab if it's locked.

There are definitely quite a few options, and honestly I'd support anything if it meant being able to have more organized PCs, haha.